Adding a power output option for the Isabellina HPA
Sep 15, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #16 of 27
All,

Ken at ALO Audio now has a few Isabellina HPA's in stock (with 12V dc power output option!) - and I know he's working on offering sweet package deals with Wadias, headphones, cables, etc. So be sure to contact him on this!

Best regards,

Vinnie

Sep 18, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the links Vinnie.

Miguel

Your 18 inch Wadia power cable is on its way to you, thanks.

Did you find a Wadia?

Thx

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #19 of 27
Hi Ken, I ended up buying an used Wadia from a fellow Head-Fier waiting for it to arrive as well as your cable.

Meanwhile my modded Isabellina HPA arrived from Vinnie (thanks). In addition to the 12 volt out I also had him add a second analog output.

DSCN0752withnewOutsandPSout.jpg

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #20 of 27
Hey Vinnie,

How much would the SLA battery packs cost? I'd be interested in a +/-12V one.

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:27 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R.
Slightly off-topic: Red Wine Audio will soon offer SLA battery power supply units (hopefully in a month) and we can configure them with various output voltages to meet the needs of your equipment (e.g. 5V, 9V, 12V, 24V, +/-12V). Much more detail about this will be posted in the future (and will be shown on the RWA website). These will feature the new RWA SMART board as used in the Isabellina HPA. Ken at ALO is also willing to help with making custom power cables to go between these battery supplies and your existing equipment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by XXII
Hey Vinnie,

How much would the SLA battery packs cost? I'd be interested in a +/-12V one.

Hi XXII,

We are still working out the details (including pricing) for the upcoming Red Wine Audio "Black Lightning" SLA battery power supplies. In the next 2 to 3 weeks, we'll have more info to post and will be gearing up for production later next month...

I'll be sure to post more details in a few weeks...

Best regards,

Vinnie

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #22 of 27
I did a test to see how long the battery in the Isabellina HPA could power both itself, the Wadia i170, and an iPod.

The test started with:

1. A fully charged 160 Gb iPod Classic loaded w/ Apple Lossless files.
2. A fully charged Isabellina HPA.
3. For cables I used an OFC power cable built by Ken and a coaxial by Blue Jean Cable.

I set up the library to play continuously through my apple lossless files and the LED on the Isabellina HPA on/off switch started blinking after 14 hours and 10 minutes. If you constantly change songs, artists, genres, etc the playtime would most likely be less.

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #27 of 27
Hi vkvedam, if you mean of the Isabellina HPA I did already. If you mean of the combo of the Wadia and the Isabellina HPA, I hope to do so next weekend. Sorry but I am to busy lately, I will say it has no background noise (very black) and the sound is very smooth. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back