Action RPG thread (non-SoulsBorne)
Oct 4, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 5
(Apologies in advance if this is thread necro, but in my defense, it is still on the front page.)

I hadn't heard of Crosscode! Did you play it?

The last aRPG I played was Greedfall (PC), and I loved it. Like a Bioware RPG on an AA budget.

I still have to start a new run on The Outer Worlds with the expansions installed; I also need to play Skyrim Anniversary Edition with the new Creation Club quests, but have been holding off because I know I'll get sucked back in. I really wish there was a third-person mode for Outer Worlds; first-person gives me a headache if I have to play in it for too long.

Oct 5, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 5
I gave Crosscode a chance, and I didn't find it to be my liking. It just wasn't that interesting or engaging. I found it too simple and dull.

Spider, the developer of Greedfall has put out 'Steel Rising.' I played a lot of it and I found it to be quite repetitious that I wasn't interested in finishing it.

For me, great combat mechanics with complex RPG mechanics makes the game interesting. Unfortunately, majority of Western developers don't know squat about good combat mechanics. It's ether Diablo like repetitive mouse clicks or simple first person shooters.

I recommend you try out Kena, it's pretty fun. I feel like this is what Zelda should be. I don't like any of the recent 3D Zelda games.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 5
Ya kena looks interesting.
Just finished Borderlands 1-3. I feel robbed of my time. Well, robbed since pre sequel and 3. Looking for a nice action RPG now.
Any recommendations? Don't care what title, just something to dig my nails in!

Oct 8, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Elden Ring if you are ok with being challenged. If you can put up with these games, you will see how amazing they are. You can always supplement cheats if they are too difficult for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back