Acid Jazz Recommendations?
Apr 6, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #16 of 22
From this definition, it seems to me that Herbie Hand****'s Headhunter might not technically be Acid Jazz, but an influence. Either way, it's a great album. I didn't think of it , but even if I did, I might not have mentioned it because the OP has been listening to jazz for 20 years. He probably already knows about Herbie Hand****.

Apr 6, 2007 at 4:16 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From this definition, it seems to me that Herbie Hand****'s Headhunter might not technically be Acid Jazz, but an influence. Either way, it's a great album. I didn't think of it , but even if I did, I might not have mentioned it because the OP has been listening to jazz for 20 years. He probably already knows about Herbie Hand****.

Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that album. And, I agree, sounds like it did influence some of the stuff that has been recommended.

Fans of acid jazz that don't know that album you should probably check it out.

Apr 6, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might not have mentioned it because the OP has been listening to jazz for 20 years. He probably already knows about Herbie Hand****.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm pretty familiar with that album.

Missed out that line in the original post. D'oh!

Judging by the suggestions in this thread, the genre is a lot broader than I realised.

Apr 6, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jules650 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Missed out that line in the original post. D'oh!

Judging by the suggestions in this thread, the genre is a lot broader than I realised.

The definition posted is pretty broad. Galactic is one of my favorite bands. It fits in the definition, but they're usually labeled a jam band.

Apr 7, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #21 of 22
I'm not sure what is really considered Acid Jazz, but Nightmares on Wax, Koop and Cinematic Orchestra would probably all be up your alley.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back