accurate/neutral IEM in the $200 range
Apr 6, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by syed786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how Futuresonics Atrio m5/m8 would sound compared to all these phones mentioned above. any one had any experience with them
thanks...

I'd like to know this, too.

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by syed786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how Futuresonics Atrio m5/m8 would sound compared to all these phones mentioned above. any one had any experience with them
thanks...

the atrios are in a different class. they are bassy and not as detail orientied, but fun sounding.

Apr 6, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #18 of 19
I was listening to a lot of IEM's today, and in reading this thread I pulled out my IM 716s (which I haven't listened to in a long time) and found they sounded excellent. Quite neutral and balanced. I was listening to ETY 4 Ps right before and the 716s have much better overall balance, better bass for sure. They do not give you quite the amount of high end detail as the ETY's but they have plenty of high end sparkle and are not lacking in the high end. Overall, for what they sell for, they are an excellent value, and in the neutrality department are about as neutral as they come (that is without the sound enhancer switch that comes with it turned on).

Apr 7, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ety sounds good but neutral? i have never heard a studio monitor have such small bass response. i loved the illusion of quick response it had but really, as for nuetral, it must be beyond neutral, and exist in a element of ultra neutral where there is no bass.

if you go to a concert and record from the soundboard and hear from speakers and get pounded in the chest by bass then listen at home from the ety, you will get a completely different sound. they are very aimed toward fast reponse that is shaped by an overly excited treble.

i love them for it but i would call them anything but neutral.

It is important to distinguish audible bass from tactile bass. The ER4's actual bass response is not very different from a neutral speaker's response. The speaker just has a bigger driver and sits outside of the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back