ABB Allman Brothers Band
Jan 8, 2002 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

timoteus

500+ Head-Fier
Just heard on the radio today that ABB is in the studio recording a new album. I would imagine that they are still minus Dickey Betts since they fired him a while back. ??

Anybody have any more information on this?

Jan 8, 2002 at 4:05 PM Post #2 of 5
I believe that Warren Haynes is back in the band. He is doing double time with them and Govt. Mule. That is great news.

From http://www.allmanbrothersband.com/

HOTTEST OF HOT NEWS:
Hey there sweet family,

Please visit and bookmark Hittin' the Web. We're going to be morphing Hot News and all of this web site over there in the not to distant future and we don't want you to miss a beat. Besides, you just *might* like Radio HTW :wink:

The ABB have now completed 6 songs for their new C.D. -- originals Rocking Horse, Who to Believe, High Cost, Desdemona, Maydel and a surprise outside tune. Some of them you're familiar with because the ABB played them live this summer, getting them ready to record.

While recording, their thoughts have been with Tom Dowd, executive producer of this C.D.(Warren and Michael Barbiero are co-producers), who is recovering from a recent bout of pneumonia. The pneumonia comes on top of Tom's ongoing lengthy recovery from an operation to remove a benign tumor from his lung last spring that prevents him from traveling by airplane. Although physically unable to join them in the studio, Tom has been actively involved in the selection of material and the approach. As Butch says, "We never want to make a record without Tom Dowd."

Jan 9, 2002 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 5
Glad you found the info useful.

I live in Metro Detroit and last week (1/3/02) I saw Gregg Allman in concert. Great stuff.

Did you get Dickey Betts recent release?

If you are into the Allmans and groups like Derek Trucks Band, Widespread Panic, Govt. Mule, etc. There is a great magazine out called Hittin' The Note. I originally found it at Border's and got a subscription to it.

Here is a link:

http://www.hittinthenote.com/about/index.asp

Jan 10, 2002 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 5
Hey, thanks again. You're really on top of it. Looks like I have some reading to do!

I wish one of the bands would swing my way. At least I know where to check dates now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back