A500's sound nice
Apr 21, 2004 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TheBigDu

Head-Fier
I remember hearing about how smooth the flow of music was in these phones, and you guys weren't kidding--the sound is wonderfully balanced (sorry for the corny term). But what you didn't tell me is that they are also very detailed. I'm finding so many more little things in songs that I never heard before, and at the same time, the music flows great!
These really are great sounding phones. I can't even begin to imagine how good more expensive phones with amps must sound if these things are this good. (keep in mind, I've only heard crappy earbuds and sonystyle garbage before now)

Apr 21, 2004 at 12:48 AM Post #2 of 8
I'll be getting these from JAG in a few days... I hope my experience is as good as yours!
icon10.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 8
completely agree, i absolutely love my 500's, am thinking about selling to try out the 900's to see how much they improve.

Apr 21, 2004 at 2:26 AM Post #5 of 8
The A500s have solid bass which is sometimes boomy at high volumes and can be overbearing at low volumes.

I like the A500s over my D66s for 1 main reason, they have a more continuous sound...like...more coherent. Violins sound better, for example, when they switch between notes, it flows better.

Apr 21, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by refault
I'll be getting these from JAG in a few days... I hope my experience is as good as yours!
icon10.gif

Those were mine!! I bought those new from AudioCubes about a month or so ago, sold to JAG, and he parted ways with them within a week (I guess for more expensive cans)...trust me, I've heard them (and burned them in very well
wink.gif
) and they rule! Enjoy!

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #7 of 8
I just purchased a pair of A500 from audiocubes as well. This will be my second pair of headphones after the ultra-bright JVC (don't ask).

Main reason I ordered those is because I heard those don't need to be amped. It was really a pick between HD580/HD555/A500. And i heard something about the slight recessed bass response of Sennheisers + they need amps to sound anywhere near their potential. So I went, what the heck, I'll buy something cheaper for now.
biggrin.gif

Let's hope this decision works out for me......here comes the waiting period......hurry....up....audiocubes.....
eggosmile.gif

Apr 21, 2004 at 3:18 AM Post #8 of 8
A500 has a very good/wide sound stage. I was blown away by the sound stage (fairly descent sound quality too
biggrin.gif
) when I tried first time--I used to use Senn. HD580. A900 provides similar sound stage (i.e., wide and big) and less distortion than A500 and A1000 sounded even better than A500/A900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back