A500's for everyday use?
Jul 24, 2003 at 3:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DoomForce

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone
smily_headphones1.gif
!
Arent those too big and -maybe-cumbersome for eeryday use?
what do u think? (AT'S a500)

Jul 24, 2003 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 12
These 'phones are large, but provide excellent sound quality (better than D66's), it's a warm sound, and doesn't like wild-n-crazy eq settings...

I'd recommend them wholly, they are as large as 2 25-pack cd-spindles over both ears and 1 on top...not huge, but large...a good buy
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif
600smile.gif

Jul 25, 2003 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

is it just me or does AT have a knack for making rather large headphones?

not really. I think audio technica is like sony in which they profit mostly from their portable segment like clip ons and dj headphones (check out their full listing of headphones at the japanese site, theres ALOT). Their hifi stuff like the A and W-series just happens to be popularized here more.

Jul 25, 2003 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by DoomForce
Hey everyone
smily_headphones1.gif
!
Arent those too big and -maybe-cumbersome for eeryday use?
what do u think? (AT'S a500)

I'm using the A900 at this moment and i think i have no problem having them on my head for ~5 hour per day outdoors (it's summer here.)

If your head is able to sustain its weight (Oh well, several hundred gram.) it'll be fine for you. There is some tradeoff, though - your neck will become more strained =)

Jul 27, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #10 of 12
that means ill have to sit still,or be very careful with the phones on?
thats really not a plus,id like to move with them and do things like drawing on the wall(!!) without having to look out for my phones.
but the 280 pro's grip was not a plus either..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 27, 2003 at 11:32 PM Post #11 of 12
I owned the Sony V6s and I currently own the AT A500s. You should be able to pull up on my comments on both by doing a search.

The V6s have more clamping force than the A500s. But I've never really had a problem with the A500s slipping off my head. You won't be able to do gymnasitcs with them on - but if you want that you'll have to put up with greater clamping force. They are more comfortable IMO than the V6s.

Given that I use them at work I don't think the A500s are too big or loose for everyday use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back