A500's are too big to be portable?
Sep 9, 2004 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to take my PCDP to school (to listen to at lunch and stuff). After some PM's to terrymx, I've found out that A500's are too big for that purpose. So now I'm now shopping for closed 'phones under $100 to take to school (KSC-35's leak wayyy to much).

-Need something the size/weight of Sennheiser HD500/570 (not sound like them, because I heard their price to performance ratio is mediocre)

-closed

-sub 100usd

THANKS

Sep 10, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Canal phones sound perfect for your situation to me. Sharp MD33s from audiocubes are meant to be good value.

If you want full sized cans take a look at the Sennheiser 280 pro.

I'd get the 280Pro...except I'm really into bass, and what I've read says that theres a lack of bass.

MD33s look promising tho!

Sep 10, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by 450
I'd get the 280Pro...except I'm really into bass, and what I've read says that theres a lack of bass.

MD33s look promising tho!

Yeah sorry, I should have mentioned that. Take a look at the closed can review linked from my sig for more details.

The V6 that ReDVsion mentioned is in the same class as the 280s i'm told, haven't heard them... yet. If anyone wants to loan some to me i'll update my huge review
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Take a look at the closed can review linked from my sig for more details.

I looked through your review... Its a great review of closed headphones/earbuds. Although most of the cans listed are out my price range.

I'm thinking of the HD25-1...When (if) is etronic's gonna bring the HD25-1 back in stock and at that awesome price point?

Sep 10, 2004 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

When (if) is etronic's gonna bring the HD25-1 back in stock and at that awesome price point?

Definitely not for several months, and even then, most likely not at the same price. I cancelled my order because they were out of stock and they didn't have any restocking date. They'll probably wait until everyone who's ordered already has cancelled their order until they restock it, assuming they ever do.
wink.gif

Sep 10, 2004 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, Etronics is like that. They were THE cheap spot to get the V6 at one point but then as orders came in, the price got higher and higher. Supply and demand at work I guess...
plainface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back