A500's are here!!!
Apr 5, 2005 at 7:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

videocrew

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Audio Technica ATH-A500's from Sleepkyng. These things are huge! The cord looks really professional and the whole assembly is quite sturdy and professional looking. They are sooooooooo much lighter than I would've imagined, really amazing cans. Other than the fact that they make my ears a little hot, very comfortable so far.

How do they sound you ask? AWESOME. Out of my IPod and Creative SoundBlaster Live they have AMAZING bass, decent mids, and slightly rolled off highs. But my ears are very sensitive to high frequencies, so I'm ok with that. The soundstage is fairly plausible, not what I'm used to with my decent hifi setup, but far better than my E2c's.

Overall I'm very very impressed. I haven't heard anything they don't sound great with yet.

Apr 5, 2005 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by videocrew
Just got my Audio Technica ATH-A500's from Sleepkyng. These things are huge! The cord looks really professional and the whole assembly is quite sturdy and professional looking. They are sooooooooo much lighter than I would've imagined, really amazing cans. Other than the fact that they make my ears a little hot, very comfortable so far.

How do they sound you ask? AWESOME. Out of my IPod and Creative SoundBlaster Live they have AMAZING bass, decent mids, and slightly rolled off highs. But my ears are very sensitive to high frequencies, so I'm ok with that. The soundstage is fairly plausible, not what I'm used to with my decent hifi setup, but far better than my E2c's.

Overall I'm very very impressed. I haven't heard anything they don't sound great with yet.

what were you using before, just the e2c's??

I've been messing around w/my pair for the last few weeks...I love them..

I don't know if it was burn-in or just adjusting to them, but they sound great now. I also played around in foobar with some things..anyways, they are awesome headphones.

This song is great to exploit the bass on the A500's, plus it is just a great song if you can find it:

Dead Composers - Chile Con Carne (theme from Betty Blue OST)(Richard Kayvan Remix)

-EB

Apr 6, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #3 of 6
yeah, i had E2c's before, these are so much cooler, so much more bass and so much more convenient to put on and take off when i'm just sitting around.

i'll check out that song, i love trying new music

Apr 6, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by videocrew
yeah, i had E2c's before, these are so much cooler, so much more bass and so much more convenient to put on and take off when i'm just sitting around.

i'll check out that song, i love trying new music

it's ambient trance or whatever the genre is called..

Apr 6, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #5 of 6
Looks like these have gone to good use. I think the pair you bought from sleepkyng used to be mine. Its nice to see that they came back to Georgia. Enjoy the cans, it was one of my favorite. Sad i had to sell it. I see that you live in Athens. You go to UGA i presume? I go to UGA and If you want to stop by sometime to listen to my setup. Let me know. I wouldnt mind listening to the a500s again either. Gotta love the bass slam in trance songs.
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back