A500 questions
May 6, 2004 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

EightyEight

100+ Head-Fier
Well, ive been enjoying my A500 since i got them, but there seems to be a few things im not completely satisfied with.
The cable goes to the LEFT cup only, and it seems like the band above the head is what transmit it to the right cup, but i can't help but notice that it needs to be transmitted "wirelessly" first.
Now after figuring this out, ive been go crazy that my LEFT cup is louder than my RIGHT cup. Is this normal, or is it me going crazy?

May 6, 2004 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 14
You're insane.
In a good way.
I think you're just trying to convince yourself that you need an upgrade, though...
k1000smile.gif

May 6, 2004 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 14
Just about everyone hears differently from their right and left ears... Just as your right and left ears are different size, and your right and left hands are different size..

Nothing's perfectly symmetrical, your right and left eyes don't see things the same way either (even color saturation is a little different).

May 6, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 14
Hmmmm...haven't noticed that with mine, I'd say either Bolt San or Lindrone, or a combination there-of, is right.

But you said there were a few things you were dissatisfied with? What were the others?

May 6, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #6 of 14
But when i switched the headphone side (Left to the right cup, and right to the left cup) the right cup again was quieter than the left
frown.gif

May 6, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyEight
But when i switched the headphone side (Left to the right cup, and right to the left cup) the right cup again was quieter than the left
frown.gif

Perhaps it is what I said, and the drivers aren't ideally matched, and the right one is quieter, since you notice the same decrease in volume regardless of which ear it's used on.

May 6, 2004 at 3:53 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Could it be as simple as you having the balance control set incorrectly?

i think you may be right, i plugged my headphones to my cdplayer, it seems to be more balanced than on my Turtle beach santa cruz...wait...i think theres a lil....nevermind...i think im just being paranoid....its probably all psychological
tongue.gif

and like bolt san said Quote:

I think you're just trying to convince yourself that you need an upgrade, though...

May 6, 2004 at 5:27 AM Post #10 of 14
It happened when i plugged my headphones into my Reciver once, the volume was 100% on the left.

Lately when i listen to MP3`s i hear more soudn in my left ear, when i reverse the headphones then it sounds the same...werid..

May 7, 2004 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 14
I just asked an audio engineer and he said there is no technical reason for music to be recorded with one side louder and it shouldn't be, so it must be my imagination. He also said that with some types of music they may place the main instrument slightly to the left of the soundstage and that may possibly be giving the appearance that the left side is louder. I thought I had seen louder left sides on audio applications when viewing left/right channels, but I'm not too sure now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back