A500 bass. How strong?
Feb 12, 2006 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2
How strong is bass in A500 in comparision to Sony EX71 ? I've read that the mids of A-T have somehow recessed midrange. I generally listen to symphonic metal like After Forever and Epica. Does the recessed mids on AT make vocals sound more laid back ? Maybe you could give me a recommendation on closed cans in a 120$ price range?

THX in advance
smily_headphones1.gif
,and sorry for my English
tongue.gif

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Feb 12, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matez
How strong is bass in A500 in comparision to Sony EX71 ? I've read that the mids of A-T have somehow recessed midrange. I generally listen to symphonic metal like After Forever and Epica. Does the recessed mids on AT make vocals sound more laid back ? Maybe you could give me a recommendation on closed cans in a 120$ price range?

THX in advance
smily_headphones1.gif
,and sorry for my English
tongue.gif

Uh, I had both headphones, u can't really compare an in ear like the ex71 to the a500, but its kinda like the a500 give a more natual bass feeling than the ex71, probably cuz theres more room for vibrations.

For the money, I think the A500's are worth it..I just recieved mine going from ex71,ety er6, grado sr-60, and finally the AT. I am not as experienced as other users here, so I can't compare the Sony v6's and the HD280 pro's to the AT a500. But I don't think you will regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back