A500 & A900 - Why aren't they sold domestically?
Jul 25, 2004 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 6
Audio Technica simply decided not to distribute them here in America. Perhaps their marketing research did not indicate to have a huge market here. Or perhaps their company simply don't have a plan to distribute outside of Asia.

They do, however, sell some pro-audio equipment and low-end headphone generally used by as monitoring headphones by pro-audio market. Otherwise they don't sell any high-end, audiophile oriented items here at all.

Jul 25, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 6
I assume it would be more expensive to import a large volume and then sell them here rather than have them shipped out from Japan? The shipping cost wasn't high at all, and of course there aren't any taxes. I think the system works pretty well (from audiocubes). I was pleasantly surprised.

Jul 25, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by WillD
I assume it would be more expensive to import a large volume and then sell them here rather than have them shipped out from Japan? The shipping cost wasn't high at all, and of course there aren't any taxes. I think the system works pretty well (from audiocubes). I was pleasantly surprised.

it's hard to tell if AT even knows about audiocubes or this forum for that matter (maybe someone should email them)

but i don't think it would cost that much for them to sel their phones in North America
remember, headphone margins are pretty high (much like speakers)

Jul 25, 2004 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Just thought I would ask here instead of in a new thread, how do I change the shipping option when I add an item to my cart? I can't figure out how to do it. I tried clicking on "[select]" that's right after the shipping price, but that only refershes the page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back