A quick heads up for any Canadian Head-fi'ers
Apr 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #16 of 32
haha, i meant i was getting them to ship it up, I'm not going down to the states any time soon. Last time I ordered something from the States, I got taxed after delivery and it ended up costing a lot more than I anticipated
mad.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #17 of 32
I will throw out this bone for other Canadian's. If anyone wants to get a set of Turbines but can not get them at their local FS Store, I would be willing to pick these up and ship them to whoever wants them for just the cost of shipping (and I think to be prudent the cost of insurance). I would not be looking to profeteer off of this, just help out. Between this sale on Monday and Alberta having NO PROVINCIAL SALES TAX, the savings for each person interested will pay for the cost of shipping I would imagine.

So if interested PM me today and Sunday, so I have time to organize what we will be able to get for Monday with a salesman at one of the stores. I work Monday though so will be picking up the phones after work and will work out the shipping during the evening over the next two days. I will require that all costs be carried forward to each buyer though including any PayPal administration fee's. Oh and the obvious, all purchases will have to be paid for in advance after I secure the phones availability with Future Shop (i.e. if 10 people want these and I have a store put them on hold for Monday, I will need payment before I pick them up Monday so I can afford to buy them all
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Edit: Hmmm, am I breaking a forum rule here with this? Should I be taking this offer and placing it in the Group Buy Forum? If anyone who knows how this works can chime in it would be appreciated as I don't want to over steps my bounds here.

Edit (Again): I just did a quick check and to ship from Alberta to Newfoundland S&H costs would be around $20 regular parcel (note I included $6 for packing material so these would go out double boxed to ensure their safe arrival).

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #19 of 32
The Turbines are totally not worth it for $180. Don't forget that you'd also have to add PST and GST tax on top. It's still cheaper, IMO, to buy from an online US-based store.

Apr 27, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by masamune9210@hotmail.com /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey guys, i went to Future Shop, and the appreciation day excludes headphones
mad.gif

Their "Customer Appreciation sale" should really be called "Customer Appreciation? LOL! ... sale". It's truly pathetic on most occasions.

Apr 27, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

hey guys, i went to Future Shop, and the appreciation day excludes headphones
mad.gif

Hi, I just picked up a set of Monster Turbines using the 10% off sale. At first, the sales guy rang it up without the 10% off, so I asked him. Then he told me headphones are not included in the sale so I told him "but it says so in the website" so he honored the 10% off.

I was ready to argue with him if he says it's only applicable for online only because the Turbines aren't even listed on their website.

Apr 28, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #22 of 32
I hate it when they pull this crap. I will fight them pretty hard if they try to give me an BS about the sale
mad.gif
I'll find out in a few minutes.

Apr 28, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ten7ryder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I just picked up a set of Monster Turbines using the 10% off sale. At first, the sales guy rang it up without the 10% off, so I asked him. Then he told me headphones are not included in the sale so I told him "but it says so in the website" so he honored the 10% off.

I was ready to argue with him if he says it's only applicable for online only because the Turbines aren't even listed on their website.

Damn, I really should have done the same thing. I ended up reading the fine print on the pamphlet beforehand and gave up then and there. Finally got my Turbines though, so I'm happy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #25 of 32
I got free $15 itunes card n 10% off on turbine.

Apr 28, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #26 of 32
Some of you hit greedy salemen wanting to keep the extra commission. I walked in and had the website printout in case I needed it. But the customer service department didn't even bat an eye, I gave them my reciept from last week and the immediately gave me my 10% discount (no iTunes card though
frown.gif
) which I then gave back to them plus $20 for an additional over the counter two year warranty. So I think we both win in the end, I got the warranty for 1/2 price and they were able to sell the warranty. Now I'm covered for the next two years if anything bad happens to my babies
o2smile.gif
because the next phones I buy are going to full size cans of some type that do everything I get from the IEM's and more but that isn't happening for a while.

Apr 28, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #27 of 32
man u guys had enough time to argue, the salesperson just looked at me and gave me the *what do u want face*. I'll try and go today and see if I can use the website only thing against them, since it extends till Tuesday online, and since I can't order Turbines online, I'll just try to get them in store

Apr 28, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

man u guys had enough time to argue, the salesperson just looked at me and gave me the *what do u want face*. I'll try and go today and see if I can use the website only thing against them, since it extends till Tuesday online, and since I can't order Turbines online, I'll just try to get them in store

Go to the store tomorrow (if you haven't gone back today) with reciept and print out from the internet showing that all headphones are 10% off and go to customer service. Explain that you were told by a salesman that the sale did not include headphones, then show her the webpage prinout showing the salesman was WRONG and then politely ask for the 10% discount. If you polite I bet she won't even think twice, if she does ask for a manager. BTW it might help to have the phones and all packing with you so you can let them know you will be wanting a full refund if they don't give you the discount as per their own sale (but only use this as a last resort if they are refusing), if your actually willing to make them take them back and they know your serious they'll give you the discount since they will have to sell them as an open box and take at minimum the 10% hit anyway. But most customer service people won't hassle you because they don't give a darn about the salesmans commision they just want to retain the sale for the store.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #30 of 32
I got'em, and I love 'em, I'm just a tad worried about the cabling, it looks really thin and kinda cheap. My last IEMs died on me when the cable shorted out, anyone have advice on how to keep the cables in good condition and prolong the life of them? Also, what foamies would fit on the Turbines? I don't think the shure olives work without being decored

EDIT: I just thought I would post some of my first impressions. I listen to a lot of classical music, with a mix of Japanese rock/pop, and Korean hip-hop/pop.
I find that it does classical music quite well, the highs are not as clear as some IEMs I have heard, (Triple Fi, slightly burned in IE8) but I expected that from the get go. However the sound is blended well, and nothing sticks out from the others too much. Details are also present, I'm a violin student and I can hear the bow moving over the strings and pizzicato is tight. As far as presentation goes, it feels like I'm sitting in a smaller recital hall rather than a concert hall. I'm sitting roughly 10 rows back from the stage.
Bass is tight, and perfect for my needs. I feel that despite people saying this IEM is only for heavy bass music, it does genres which require solid highs, quite well. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I would recommend these to people looking for a well-rounded IEM that has bass as a strongpoint.
The only gripe I have with the Turbines is the cheap looking/feeling cable. I don't have a big problem with microphonics, but the cable makes me worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back