A quick heads up for any Canadian Head-fi'ers
Apr 25, 2009 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
Future Shop is having a customer appreciation sale in all store locations Monday, April 27 with 10% off all headphones and the sale is extended to all day Sunday and all day Tuesday from their website.

Unfortunately they only seem to have the Monster Turbine earphones in store and not on their website along with other products, so the store may be the better route to go for bargains and better gear, other than the Shure line of products which may be easier to get from online than in store.

I for one will be making them honor their sale for the Turbines I bought last week, after all, $18 in my jeans is better than in theirs
darthsmile.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #4 of 32
I'm in Calgary, Alberta, maybe it's a regional thing or something like that. I will see if I can get their store part number and pass that along so you can get them to look it up that way. Maybe then they will be able to order you in a pair or possibly transfer them from another store.

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 32
I just talked with the store I got them at and they gave me their SKU number, it is 10118652. You should be able to use that with the local stores to get them to order you in a pair or transfer them from a store that has stock, or direct to a store that has them if possible.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by masamune9210@hotmail.com /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet, much appreciated dweaver. What's their price on the turbines?

$180CAN

Apr 25, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #9 of 32
ah 180 is steep compared to 104US on macmall, but i don't wanna get taxed over the border *sigh*

Yeah i see UE pretty regularly in Toronto Future Shops as well, hopefully I can go order the Turbines tmrw afternoon

Apr 25, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #10 of 32
Someone was saying that MacMall didn't have any options for selling to Canada on their website. It would be interesting to see if you could place an order through their phone number though. Otherwise most other websites are selling the phones for $140-150US which does bring the Future Shop price in line especially with a 10% savings..

I may buy my wife a pair and will try to do it through MacMall when I do. These phones really do rock and getting them at a discount is never a bad thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #11 of 32
ugh, that's terrible, its not like Canada is THAT far from the US. I might try their phone line if I can't get the order and discount from Future Shop, but I know phone orders take a lifetime.

Apr 25, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by masamune9210@hotmail.com /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ugh, that's terrible, its not like Canada is THAT far from the US. I might try their phone line if I can't get the order and discount from Future Shop, but I know phone orders take a lifetime.

Not like you really have to declare it crossing the border...

say you brought them from home and hide the packaging...

Jokes. Or not. Or yes.

But anyways, just don't go to a lady at the border. I go to the states quite frequently, and we always try to get a guy. We've been stopped and checked by 1 guy in the period of 4 years, while every time we've gotten a woman at the booth, we've gotten stopped and checked (like 7 times)

sigh.

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone was saying that MacMall didn't have any options for selling to Canada on their website. It would be interesting to see if you could place an order through their phone number though. Otherwise most other websites are selling the phones for $140-150US which does bring the Future Shop price in line especially with a 10% savings..

I may buy my wife a pair and will try to do it through MacMall when I do. These phones really do rock and getting them at a discount is never a bad thing
smily_headphones1.gif

YOu can order from Macmall. but the shipping is steep and after duty, exchange and all the waiting...it will prolly cost very close if not more than buying local...

It will be cheaper if we buy it locally for sure after the 10% off sale on monday.

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnieb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not like you really have to declare it crossing the border...

say you brought them from home and hide the packaging...

Jokes. Or not. Or yes.

But anyways, just don't go to a lady at the border. I go to the states quite frequently, and we always try to get a guy. We've been stopped and checked by 1 guy in the period of 4 years, while every time we've gotten a woman at the booth, we've gotten stopped and checked (like 7 times)

sigh.

LOL....is this some kind of implication about US women??
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back