A new IEM for a big spender
Mar 9, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #16 of 20
Woah, thanks a lot for this! I like the fact that I can make them sound brighter or darker when I'm in the mood.

Now I wonder... I am looking for IEMs on which I can listen on low volumes. Normally I think the music gets more boring on a low volume. On the EW9 I feel I can enjoy the music BEST on a low volume. How perform the Sleeks in this respect? I don't know why it is that I like high volumes (like many people), but I have to think about the future.

Thanks a lot! You make me like the Sleeks before I even heard them haha.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeTinux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woah, thanks a lot for this! I like the fact that I can make them sound brighter or darker when I'm in the mood.

Now I wonder... I am looking for IEMs on which I can listen on low volumes. Normally I think the music gets more boring on a low volume. On the EW9 I feel I can enjoy the music BEST on a low volume. How perform the Sleeks in this respect? I don't know why it is that I like high volumes (like many people), but I have to think about the future.

Thanks a lot! You make me like the Sleeks before I even heard them haha.

I'm not quite sure how to answer this properly, almost since I got the SA6's I've been suffering from a head cold, it's pretty much subsided now but my throat and one ear are still bothering me a bit. Because of this I've been trying to keep the volume lower, generally I've found they do a decent job at lower volumes but at a slightly higher volume than I've generally been listening everything just seems to fall into place better. I don't think this a higher volume than my normal listening volume with other phones like the E500's and such although it is higher on the volume dial than the E500's because the SA6's are somewhat less sensitive and a bit higher impedance.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #19 of 20
x2 on Elnero's comments about the SA6. I owned the ER4P (S with the cable), and while I certainly didn't dislike them, I sold them for a new IEM, the Atrio M5s. I did that after several hours of A/B listening between the two, and decided that despite less than sparking highs/mids, the Atrios were a more welcomed sound and more comfortable too.

To me, the Sleeks really give you choice, without having to reach for EQ to achieve the same flexibility. I really like that about them. I'm still going back and forth on the treble tubes, but leaning towards the = myself. Anyway, one really experienced Head-Fier I know told me that he loved the Triple-Fi sound, but could not use them for long periods due to discomfort/fit. The Sleeks, with the shure yellow foamies I use, are extremely comfortable for me, and I value comfort up there with SQ when it comes to headphones, especically in-ear varities, because I tend to use them for longer periods (traveling, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back