A great little DAC!!! devilsound labs DAC
Oct 8, 2009 at 8:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio

(Click on the photo for the product page at TTVJ.)

Hi All,

TTVJ is proud to now carry and have in stock the devilsound labs DAC v2.1. The 2.1 is an amazing product and sounds warm and sweet. The new version comes cryo'ed and is a plug and play device. And small! It is very ideal for desk top use at work or in the home where quality and space are important.

Give us a call or order one up on our website and get your now. We have a 60 day money back guarantee and the devilsound DAC comes with a 1 year warranty.

AND you get a 10 ft USB extension cable so the DAC can be easily used in you system.

Todd

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 15
I have the V2 of the Devilsound and think it's wonderful through my Luxman tube amp and Focal speakers and REL sub.

Highly recommended!

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 15
I bought jwbrent's slightly older Devilsound DAC and it's absolutely awesome! I have it plugged into my Powermac G4, running to my Rotel amp and Paradigm speakers. It also sounds awesome through a Millet Hybrid amp and HF-2s!
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #4 of 15
Hi Pat,

Glad you're still enjoying the Devilsound!

John

Dec 2, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 15
I just picked up the new Devilsound DAC today, and I have not been able to stop playing it. Totally amazing sound quality. They should have put the thing in a big shiny silver box because I think most people will make the mistake of dismissing it as not a serious DAC, but that would be a huge mistake, it is so close in sound to a $3000 DAC I compared it to, amazing!

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 15
thisbenjamin, I would be interested in what you found disagreeable about your v2.1? I am currently auditioning one myself and while it's generally getting better as it breaks in a bit, I am finding that it loses control of the low end on some recordings. It's my first outboard DAC, and I have been comparing it to vinyl when I can find the same mix of the same song on CD and LP. I have even ordered another 16-bit adaptive USB DAC that's a bit more versatile to compare with, a Fubar I/O USB DAC/ADC w/Supplier PS, that I can use to digitize my vinyl, theoretically. I'm not opposed to keeping both, as the portability of the Devilsound makes it quite versatile in its own right. But as you said, I'm not so sure I'm such a "huge fan" of the sound so far either and was hoping you might care to expand on your experience with it since I'm relatively new at this. I like the overall soundstage, and the mid, high and mid-bass seem accurate and lively enough, but the bass does seem a little loose to me, and I've never been "bass shy".

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 15
I would be more then happy to address your questions, and share my opinions. However, I think I've over-stayed my de-railing of this thread and unless Todd thinks discussing the performance of the devil sound is a good use of this thread, I would ask you either give me a PM or start a new thread.

Not trying to be a tool, I just don't want to screw with Todd's thread.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 15
Whoops, my apologies to Todd for "hijacking"; I'll create a thread

Dec 18, 2009 at 1:59 AM Post #11 of 15
Devilsound DAC v2.1 [devilsound DAC] - $399.00 : TTVJ, Todd The Vinyl Junkie
Quote:

The devilsound DAC (one per channel) is a non-oversampling design based on Analog Devices' AD1851 operating in non-oversampled mode, the Burr-Brown PCM2706 USB receiver chip utilizing SpAct, and a single-stage op-amp output which integrates a current to voltage (I/V) converter with a gentle low-pass filter.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #12 of 15
thread created

Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoops, my apologies to Todd for "hijacking"; I'll create a thread

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #14 of 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back