A good IEM without the hiss
Apr 7, 2008 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bluehark

New Head-Fier
Hi!

I'm new to head-fi. I heard that this is a good place for audio stuff from a friend. I have a question about what cheap IEMs I could buy. I currently own a pair of marshmallows which unfortunately crapped out. I'm in the market to buy an new pair of IEMs. But, I've tried out the JVC HA-66, but unfortunately, it produces a "hiss" when nothing is playing.

I've heard that attenuators fix this problem, but fashion-conscious as I am, I don't want to connect my headphone to an anttenuator. Are there any cheap (sub$40) IEMs you can recommend which DON'T have the hiss? I know the Marshmallows to be a prefect example of this, but I'm looking at others like the Creative EP-630s(I don't know how that is, either). Thanks for your input!

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 4
It may be the audio source rather than the earphones... what are you using to listen to music?

Apr 7, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 4
I'm using an iPod Nano generation 2. I understand what you mean, but I know there are some IEMs which don't suffer this problem, like the Marshmallows. So, I'm trying to see what other IEMs are like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back