A/B Comparisons - iems, buds, cans, daps, and more - Tips & Impressions
Oct 26, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #331 of 396
188. campfire audio trifecta vs dita perpetua (W):

Trifecta: more bass, more height, warmer mids, wider soundstage, airier, better layering, more expansive, but too much bass which bleeds into mids for my liking.

Perpetua: tighter bass, more recessed mids, more natural, more controlled, clearer background detail.

Oct 29, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #332 of 396
189. campfire audio trifecta vs fir audio krypton 5 (W):

Trifecta: more bass, more sub-bass, leaner treble, wider soundstage, airier, better layering, but sounds bloated in comparison.

Krypton 5: leaner mids, better bass/mids/treble balance, clearer, better background detail, more forward mids, more transparent.

Nov 3, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #333 of 396
190. dita perpetua vs fir audio krypton 5 (W):

Perpetua: warmer mids, more controlled, more natural bass, better bass/mids/treble balance, sounds more as a whole, fuller notes.

Krypton 5: clearer, more transparent, more sub-bass, more height, more forward mids, airier, better instrument separation, comfier, more forward mids.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #334 of 396
191. dita perpetua vs empire ears odyssey (W):

Perpetua: warmer mids, more bass, nothing sounds harsh, more analogy sounding, more forwards mids.

Odyssey: clearer, more sub-bass, wider soundstage, leaner treble, better background detail.

Nov 13, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #335 of 396
192. a&k ca1000 (W) vs a&k kann max:

Ca1000 is equal or better to the kann max in everything, but actually the difference is not that large when using iems: wider soundstage, clearer, more transparent, a little tighter bass, slightly leaner treble.

Nov 13, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #336 of 396
Can you do trifecta vs a Dita single DD drive like perpetual or Dream? Thinking of buying either of them…

Sorry I just saw you did!

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #337 of 396
193. a&k kann max vs shanling m9+ (W):

Kann max: tighter bass, blacker background, leaner treble, better bass/mids/treble balance.

M9+: wider soundstage, more bass, warmer mids, better layering, airier, more holographic, better imaging, slightly more transparent.

Nov 19, 2023 at 12:32 PM Post #338 of 396
194. shanling m6u (W) vs sony zx707:

M6u: wider soundstage, smoother treble, airier, tighter bass, better bass/mids/treble balance, more power, has volume dial.

Zx707: wamer mids, more height, more bass, more forward mids.

Nov 19, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #339 of 396
This is such a great post for a new guy like me. Thank you!

I currently have a Moondrop Kato and was wondering what your thoughts on a comparison between the Kato and the Blessings? You posted that the Blessing 2 Dusk were pretty much a must have in the What have I learned after buying around $40,000 of gear in 6 months? post. Do you think this would be a worthy upgrade?

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #340 of 396

I currently have a Moondrop Kato and was wondering what your thoughts on a comparison between the Kato and the Blessings? You posted that the Blessing 2 Dusk were pretty much a must have in the What have I learned after buying around $40,000 of gear in 6 months? post. Do you think this would be a worthy upgrade?
the blessing 2 dusk imo is a worthy upgrade from the kato, but i would not be able to tell you the exact specifics.
i don't own either right now unfortunately, and i really don't like to compare from memory :frowning2:
if you ask in the moondrop thread, i'm sure you will get a more specific answer ^^

Nov 19, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #341 of 396
the blessing 2 dusk imo is a worthy upgrade from the kato, but i would not be able to tell you the exact specifics.
i don't own either right now unfortunately, and i really don't like to compare from memory :frowning2:
if you ask in the moondrop thread, i'm sure you will get a more specific answer ^^
Thanks for the response! I completely understand about not wanting to go from memory. Your praise says a lot, either way, after all the equipment you’ve tested over the past couple of years.

Nov 19, 2023 at 10:56 PM Post #343 of 396

I would wait, as the blessing 3 dusk is arriving in a month or two.

Nov 21, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #345 of 396
195. shanling m6u vs shanling m9+ (W):

M6u: leaner treble, better bass/mids/treble balance.

M9+: wider soundstage, better layering, slightly more sub-bass, more bass, slightly more transparent, clearer, smoother mids, better instrument separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back