A/B Comparisons - iems, buds, cans, daps, and more - Tips & Impressions
Aug 22, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #286 of 396
Thanks..I bought the Wavelet add ons, Bass tuner the soundstage widener Virtualiser set at 20%, I've turned everything on and the graphic equaliser and found what I like.. I also have the auto eq on Denon 7200! Seriously I take any of these off and it doesn't sound as good for me.. But maybe , coming straight from phone, it could have more power? What is a real and fair option to get the best out these ear phones? Dragon Fly etc?... A better cable than the stock I am using?.. Thanks....
Tldr: Will an amp improve the ie600?
If you're using 3.5mm from your phone, a good dongle with either 2.5 or 4.4 is likely to improve sound, especially if you are using a phone without a great dac/amp.
You may also want to change tips; it's the easiest and cheapest way to change the sound.
The ie600 is not that hungry for power imo, and an amp by itself, though it will likely improve sound, may be the least cost-beneficial way of improving it.

Aug 22, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #287 of 396
If you're using 3.5mm from your phone, a good dongle with either 2.5 or 4.4 is likely to improve sound, especially if you are using a phone without a great dac/amp.
You may also want to change tips; it's the easiest and cheapest way to change the sound.
The ie600 is not that hungry for power imo, and an amp by itself, though it will likely improve sound, may be the least cost-beneficial way of improving it.
Ha crap i was going to mention tips, ive been using the provided stock medium silicone.. I have literally just fished out some random tips from the bottom of an old bowl to see, two pairs are tiny! Yes tips you are right.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #293 of 396
172. a&k kann max (W) vs sony zx707:

Kann max: faster, clearer, more transparent, clearer bass, sounds more as a whole, better layering, better bass/mids/treble balance, overall leaner treble, better background detail, has more power, volume wheel, 2.5mm

Zx707: more sub-bass and bass, smoother mids, slightly wider soundstage, airier, weighs less, keeps the sony warmth, but treble can sometimes get shouty.

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #294 of 396
173. ifi diablo vs a&k ca1000 (W):

Diablo: wider soundstage, more bass, airier, livlier, more height, more expansive, more natural, smoother treble, but terrible usb connector.

Ca1000: clearer, leaner mids, clearer background detail, more transparent, blacker background, more focused bass, feels more subdued, better instrument separation, more forward mids, 3.5mm, 2.5mm.

Sep 2, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #295 of 396
174. sony wm1am2 (W) vs sony zx707:

Wm1am2: slightly wider soundstage, bass hits harder, better background detail, more transparent, clearer mids, better imaging, more forward mids, better layering, better instrument separation.

Zx707: leaner treble, slightly warmer bass.

As expected, the more expensive brother does more things better.

Sep 4, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #298 of 396
Yeah, I've always liked the mdr-1a/m2 looks. Unfortunately wired portable headphones seem to be more and more a thing of the past as companies transfer to bluetooth.
I like to think the ie600s I'm listening to right now are airer,detailed,separated etc than a BT pair could ever be!... I am enjoying reading about the Maxwells tho. A v interesting headphone for 300.. if they can be 100% truthfully approaching the quality of Audio Technica WP900 or even Noire 2!... I would be interested

Sep 6, 2023 at 11:00 AM Post #299 of 396
175. pwaudio first times shielding (W) vs effect audio ares II:

First times shielding: wider soundstage, more bass and sub-bass, clearer, better imaging, more natrual, better layering.

Ares II: leaner treble, more forward mids, tighter bass, airier, leaner mids.

The soundstage was the biggest differentiator for me between the two cables.

Sep 8, 2023 at 10:59 AM Post #300 of 396
176. camfire audio andromeda 2020 (W) vs sony ier-m9

Andromeda 2020: clearer, more transparent, better background detail, tighter bass, better instrument separation, better bass/mids/treble balance, more sibilant.

M9: more bass, more natural instruments, smoother treble, better layering, more height, warmer mids, requires more power.

Two highly praised kilobuck iems. I would be happier with either, but my current preference goes slightly in favor to the andro 2020. If you have a preference for a warmer signature, the m9 will probably suit you better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back