80GB 5.5G IPod Refurbs @ Apple
Feb 14, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #17 of 26
The ones from Apple look good as new. They come with the same 1 year warranty as new units. If it were to break under warranty, you would likely get a classic as a replacement.

-Pony

Feb 14, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigjppop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a pretty smoking deal! I just wish I hadn't just purchased the same thing 6 months ago for 339.00! How often do these things come up; maybe I'll have to pick one up for the wife soon.

You just have to keep checking. Also smalldog.com sells iPods new and refurbished.

Feb 14, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #20 of 26
I think I'll pull the trigger and try rockbox with the Ipod. I can always sell it if I don't like it and if it breaks, the I can get it replaced. Sounds like a really nice deal.

Feb 14, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #22 of 26
plus the fact the 5.5g, as already said, as well as being able to be imodded, and rockboxable.

if you are a fiend for the 'classic' 6G GUI, this firmware is available to put on the 5.5g, works prerfectly.
smily_headphones1.gif

good deal.

Feb 14, 2008 at 10:07 AM Post #23 of 26
Boy is Apple getting good at collecting my money! Almost as good as I am at collecting their stuff! They just keep finding new and exciting ways to get me to buy more and more stuff. You can't fault them for it
smily_headphones1.gif
I like making money almost as much as I like spending it!

Feb 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
plus the fact the 5.5g, as already said, as well as being able to be imodded, and rockboxable.

if you are a fiend for the 'classic' 6G GUI, this firmware is available to put on the 5.5g, works prerfectly.
smily_headphones1.gif

good deal.

can u link me to the coverflow firmware for 5.5g? or is it a part of rockbox?

sorry for all the annoying questions
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMaiden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
can u link me to the coverflow firmware for 5.5g? or is it a part of rockbox?

sorry for all the annoying questions
smily_headphones1.gif

i will pm you when i dig it out of one of my server drives...bare with me

P.S. its not coverflow, that would be wishful thinking
wink.gif

its simply the 6g GUI, interface, not coverflow.

no its not part of rockbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back