60-GB ZEN set to sell for 100 USD less than 30-GB iPOD
May 4, 2003 at 1:09 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by jaskin
storing over 90+ albums in wav form is enticing.

Good luck with that battery life
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Omega
i have read the old ipod lacks bass in front of the creative jukebox 3, because the output and the internal amp are better in the CJ3.

I disagree with that, having heard both.

Quote:

Originally posted by MDDrew
NJB2/3/Zen has superior sound to every thing ive heard

I also disagree with that... oh, well
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2003 at 6:42 AM Post #18 of 22
holy ****ign ****. i am sooo buying one of these. i was going to get an archos multimedia 140, but this zen 60gb looks alot cooler, and has the external hard drive bit, too. GO CREATIVE!

and that interface is TO DIE FOR!!!! JESUS

May 4, 2003 at 5:52 PM Post #20 of 22
no lineout on the zen

guys..... don't look so down on the ipod sound quality. I've done a personal comparison between the NJB3 and the ipod and hearing people say the ipod's sound quality is horrible is hard to bear.

I don't think i'm qualified to throw up a direct comparison on the boards, but don't underestimate the sound an ipod can throw out there.

I might be undergoing a change. Since I've organized the hell out of my mp3s, I haven't used the playlist feature of the nomad at all. I wish creative had an option to disable it so i can simply click on a song and just have it play. If that doesn't happen.... there might be some player swapping in the near future. Especially since I enjoy the KSC-35s on the ipod quite a bit more than I do on the NJB3.

May 4, 2003 at 7:57 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by fappar

and that interface is TO DIE FOR!!!! JESUS

more like "from"...

May 5, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by AIM9x
no lineout on the zen

guys..... don't look so down on the ipod sound quality. I've done a personal comparison between the NJB3 and the ipod and hearing people say the ipod's sound quality is horrible is hard to bear.

I don't think i'm qualified to throw up a direct comparison on the boards, but don't underestimate the sound an ipod can throw out there.

I might be undergoing a change. Since I've organized the hell out of my mp3s, I haven't used the playlist feature of the nomad at all. I wish creative had an option to disable it so i can simply click on a song and just have it play. If that doesn't happen.... there might be some player swapping in the near future. Especially since I enjoy the KSC-35s on the ipod quite a bit more than I do on the NJB3.

Yeah i've compared zen and ipod, they both sound excellent. the zen has more power output, but i never jack up my ipod all the way (and I like it LOUD), so who cares. The extra power may be useful for high-impedance phones, but I use KSC-35's with iPod on the go. Both iPod lovers and Creative Zen/Jukebox lovers bash the other player, but its mostly ignorance. Still, it gets annoying.

Also, i agee with you, my BIGGEST gripe with Zen is that you can't just point and play. No, it always goes to the playlist. It would be easy for them to add a play option like "start new playlist" when you select a song, album, etc... so that it clears out whatever was on the playlist before. I like to listen to one album or artist at a time so its annoying always having to remove stuff from the playlist. I hate that, so I just usually use iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back