~ $400-range IEM
May 12, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #31 of 37
What do you guys think of the CCA Hydro overall and its 2DD+8BA ?
graph.png

If its not all hype, then at least its a cheap way to experiment with a bit of tuning to know which direction to go (with the switches).

Judging it just by the graph, it's a bouncy V-shaped set with correct sounding vocals, as much it is possible in this tuning, though on the edge of being shouty, an easy treble, and inadequate sub-bass. I wouldn't get it for any price, but since it seems to have reasonably fatigue-free upper-mids and treble, you could indeed experiment with the bass levels to see how much the mids and treble hurt you at any setting. Once you nailed these reference points, it becomes much easier to judge upper mids and treble directly, and choose between more expensive sets.

May 19, 2024 at 5:51 AM Post #32 of 37
Just buy Sony IER-M9 and be done with it :dt880smile:
Can you elaborate a little bit more why you think those are your safe recommendation? (or whatever you mean by the confidence :beyersmile: )

I think so far what I've felt in this thread is most seem to agree Hype 4 has most potential at this price range.

May 19, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #33 of 37
Can you elaborate a little bit more why you think those are your safe recommendation? (or whatever you mean by the confidence :beyersmile: )

I think so far what I've felt in this thread is most seem to agree Hype 4 has most potential at this price range.
I responded to your various concerns about the treble of Hype4. That's why I recommend go for IER-M9. That IEM was designed to be listenable at high volume in extended sessions for stage use. It has to have enough treble but not piercing at high volume.

May 19, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #34 of 37
I responded to your various concerns about the treble of Hype4. That's why I recommend go for IER-M9. That IEM was designed to be listenable at high volume in extended sessions for stage use. It has to have enough treble but not piercing at high volume.
Have you tried Hype4? How'd u find the treble if so?

May 19, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #35 of 37
Have you tried Hype4? How'd u find the treble if so?
I haven't, unfortunately. I have only reviewed the Hype2. In general, ThieAudio has a particular house sound with a moderate amount of treble. You are unlikely to find any warm and easy going from them.

May 19, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #36 of 37
I haven't, unfortunately. I have only reviewed the Hype2. In general, ThieAudio has a particular house sound with a moderate amount of treble. You are unlikely to find any warm and easy going from them.
So you would believe a fair share of recordings would sound harsh with Thieaudio's house sound?

May 19, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #37 of 37
So you would believe a fair share of recordings would sound harsh with Thieaudio's house sound?
To my ears, ThieAudio IEMs treble is perfectly fine, but they are not warm and cozy like some other brands. I also seem to have higher treble tolerance than others, so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back