$400 Give Away: EF1 hybrid amp lottery
Oct 22, 2008 at 11:21 AM Post #61 of 66
Grats Headphoneaddict, at least we'll get another good review of the product now!

Don't think anyone will be mad, but the the draw should of taken place as advertised (25th), could be legal implications. But lets not forget it was a free draw for a great product & we should be greatful to Head-Direct anyway.

Anyways enjoy m8, & lets have a review

Oct 22, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #62 of 66
the people who have it all win another amp for free, aint life a bitch xD hf with the amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 24, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #65 of 66
The amp arrived today!

It has about 100 hours on it already, but the tube is new and needs at least 50 hours on it. It is much smaller than I expected, and is smaller than my Mini DAC and about the same size as the Single Power Square Wave XL. (just eyeballing it looks about 4" x 1.5" x 6")

I let the amp warm up and have tried it out for a few minutes cold and warm. When it is cold my RS-1 headphones need to be switched from flats to bowls just like with my Woo WA6, but once it is warmed up 30-60 minutes the RS-1 can go back to flats again (as the amp warms it brightens up and opens up, like the WA6 with warm up). Right now it has been on for a couple of hours and it's been fully warmed up for the past 30-60 minutes. I just tried it with my Denon D2000 and it sounds nice with those too. So far the EF-1 sounds fuller with the D2000 than listening through the excellent Apogee mini-DAC headphone out, and while slightly darker although no treble feels missing.

I will do my full review later, after I spend some real time with it, and finish the burn-in. Thanks Fang for the amp and doing a good job creating it!

Oct 27, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deadline Oct 20th.

I did find this post on 10/18 stating the deadline was moved to 10/20 - it took me a while to figure out where I had seen it.

Review Link:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...id-amp-375903/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back