4.4mm to 4.4mm right angle (90 degree) for DAP
Jul 2, 2023 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

babarrun

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
my DAP has a headphone out at the bottom and I would like to get get a right angle connector for it so that I can connect my headphones/IEM without the appendage sticking out as much as it does. The RS8 is pretty heavy so I'd like to rest it somewhere... the flip vertical helps but is not the same as the normal portrait.
if anyone can share links or complete model numbers that would be really helpful.

Jul 5, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I have been looking for the exact same thing - 4.4mm to 4.44mm L shape adaptor. Bizarrely I can't find anywhere that makes/sells such an adaptor - which I find really surprising, as it would be such a convenient and simple solution to an annoying issue with DAPs

Jul 5, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #3 of 5
I’m sure you’ve seen a few right angle converters for use a 2.5mm or 3.5mm on a 4.4mm from ddhifi. I don’t want o change my cable for this annoying issue.

Jul 5, 2023 at 9:05 AM Post #4 of 5
Yep, I considered using a 2.5mm plug and then purchasing a 2.5mm to 4.4mm L shape adapter. I just can’t understand why no one sells a 4.4mm to 4.4mm L shape/ Right angle adaptor.

They’re readily available for 3.5mm, so not sure why it’s impossible to find a 4.4mm one.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Just a quick update on here, I’ve managed to procure a 4.4mm L / right angle to 4.4mm female adaptor.

This allows me to use 4.4mm on my dap whilst it’s on my trouser pocket, without the risk of any pressure again the jack or connector. It also makes it more pocketable due to the reduced higher of the dap + 4.4mm connector:

Available on AE: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOiLPkW

There’s also this option:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKotCZy

Attachments

• IMG_0809.jpeg
    IMG_0809.jpeg
    676.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back