3rd Annual San Diego Head-Fi Meet: Saturday, November 1st, 2014
Nov 1, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #91 of 105
  Hi all, my equipment list...

Cavalli Liquid Crimson + Mjonir driven by Gungnir
Cavalli Liquid Glass + 12SN7GT tubes driven by Aurilic Vega

I'd bring the WA7tP but I think this is as much as I can cram onto a table.  

Hi Dan,

If you need more space, you can have two tables. I think we should have plenty of room.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #92 of 105
  Darin: I could bring my Hilo for you to hook up to the Rag, but I don't have any XLR-XLR cables on hand. Could you make sure to throw those in the bag Burns? Also, Darin, you'd need to install the drivers for the Hilo. I'm assuming the public library will let us use their wifi?

Yes, we can use the library's wifi or I have a wifi hotspot on my phone. But I was planning on using a Mac as a source, so I assume you don't need drivers on Mac, right?

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #93 of 105
  I'll definitely have one of those there.  Not sure if I'll have room to bring both though.

We can make more room if needed, but as of now, there should be some extra tables.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #94 of 105
Ragnarok in the house! (FedEx delivered it at 8:30pm. Trick or Treat!)

@45longcolt has offered to bring his Gungnir to use with the Raggy. So we can start with that. He may have to leave early, so we can hook something else up after that.

Also bring your music on a hard drive or thumb drive to play on the Raggy.

-Darin

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #96 of 105
  I'm officially out. After putting in 16 hours today I still have to work tomorrow to finish up. :frowning2:

Sorry I'm going to miss this and hope everyone has a good time. I'll be at the next one for sure!

Bummer, Amish. Only a 16 hour day? Slacker!

You'll be missed....

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #98 of 105
I am going to head over soon :] this morning started off a little slow with the rain and I had trouble getting out of bed haha

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #99 of 105
Got here a little early. Just waiting for the library to open now.

Hope to see you all here today.

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #101 of 105
I wish I could be there!!! I'm so jealous! Take lots of pics...and I can't wait to read the impressions thread 
L3000.gif

Nov 1, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #102 of 105
Unfortunately, circumstances prevented me from being able to attend today.  Have fun whoever is able to attend, and I look forward to seeing y'all at the next So. Cal. meet! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #104 of 105
I had a great time at the meet today.  Thank you very much Darin for organizing it.  Also, a special thanks for letting me borrow a laptop.  Without that, I would not have had anything to play music through. 

This was my first time demoing my gear at a table at a meet.  I didn't have a chance to walk around and try much gear but I did get a chance to try the mini Schiit stack and the NAD HP50 and was impressed by both.  I had a great time meeting and talking to people like Vince, Alex, Chris, Roger, the gentleman from Spain, and the guy with the headphone smiley face t-shirt  (unfortunately, I either didn't catch or don't remember everybody's name).

I picked up a Prima headphone stand from Proto.Forma.Designs (XERO1).  It's solid and much sturdier than the other stands I own.  I like how it doesn't slide around on my desk.  Looks pretty sweet too.

Can't wait til next year.

Nov 2, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #105 of 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back