2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #256 of 269
Look what came today - SHAG booty!

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #259 of 269

Nice! Where did you purchase these ?

No purchasing - I won them at a Head-Fi show! 

SHAG stands for Scavenger Hunt And Giveaway and is done at CanJam events such as RMAF and SoCal. You get a punch-card with a bunch of vendors names on it and when you go and listen to their gear at their table they mark your card and then a full card enters you into the drawing for different prizes, ranging anywhere in value from $10 to $2000 or so from my experience. So far I have won these Final Audio Design Sonorous VI's at this year's 2015 RMAF/CanJam and a pair of Senn Urbanites at the 2014 RMAF/CanJam. Next show with a SHAG should be CanJam SoCal 2016. 

Cheers 

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #261 of 269
  No purchasing - I won them at a Head-Fi show! 

SHAG stands for Scavenger Hunt And Giveaway and is done at CanJam events such as RMAF and SoCal. You get a punch-card with a bunch of vendors names on it and when you go and listen to their gear at their table they mark your card and then a full card enters you into the drawing for different prizes, ranging anywhere in value from $10 to $2000 or so from my experience. So far I have won these Final Audio Design Sonorous VI's at this year's 2015 RMAF/CanJam and a pair of Senn Urbanites at the 2014 RMAF/CanJam. Next show with a SHAG should be CanJam SoCal 2016. 

Cheers 

Ahhh ok! well then, makes me even more anxious for the next canjam !

Jan 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #263 of 269
I received my SHAG bounty right after Christmas. I got the upgrade for the Oppo PM-2, which is now a wonderful PMx2! Thanks a million to Head-fi and Audio Zenith. I am really impressed with the PMx2, and it is my main can now. My cohort in headphone crime, Rynsin, was also extremely impressed with the PMx2, and keeps pleading for me to sell them to him (at a significant discount - like I'm gonna give him a deal just because he's my son :).

Bottom line: if you want really comfortable, really good headphones that accurately reproduce music, have fantastic sound stage, and are very comfortable, get some PMx2 headphones.

I won Comply tips in 2014. A PMx2 upgrade in 2015.In 2016 I will win the LCD-4! :)

Jan 21, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #264 of 269
  I received my SHAG bounty right after Christmas. I got the upgrade for the Oppo PM-2, which is now a wonderful PMx2! Thanks a million to Head-fi and Audio Zenith. I am really impressed with the PMx2, and it is my main can now. My cohort in headphone crime, Rynsin, was also extremely impressed with the PMx2, and keeps pleading for me to sell them to him (at a significant discount - like I'm gonna give him a deal just because he's my son :).

Bottom line: if you want really comfortable, really good headphones that accurately reproduce music, have fantastic sound stage, and are very comfortable, get some PMx2 headphones.

I won Comply tips in 2014. A PMx2 upgrade in 2015.In 2016 I will win the LCD-4! :)

The PMx2 is a very amazing HP. It was fun at RMAF talking to Alex at his booth watching people's jaws drop as they put the PMx2 on their heads. They would look around at the equipment and under the table and finally ask Alex, "ok, what is the trick?" It sounds that amazing. For perspective, this was right next to the booth with the new Dharma hp where people would put it on "oh hum" and move on being numbed by the vast array of awesome audio goods. Everyone needs to hear the PMx2 at least once.

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #265 of 269

The PMx2 is a very amazing HP. It was fun at RMAF talking to Alex at his booth watching people's jaws drop as they put the PMx2 on their heads. They would look around at the equipment and under the table and finally ask Alex, "ok, what is the trick?" It sounds that amazing. For perspective, this was right next to the booth with the new Dharma hp where people would put it on "oh hum" and move on being numbed by the vast array of awesome audio goods. Everyone needs to hear the PMx2 at least once.

I was watching some videos on youtube last night with the PMx2, and when the sound started and I listened for a minute, I had to take them off to make sure my speakers weren't also on. The sound was so good and the stage so wide that I thought I was listening to speakers. 

Jan 21, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #266 of 269

I was watching so videos on youtube last night with the PMx2, and when the sound started and I listen for a minute, I had to take them off to make sure my speakers weren't also on. The sound was so good and the stage so wide that I thought I was listening to speakers. 

What shocks me the most is how well they scale down to sound like a TOTL HP straight out of my iPhone.

Feb 18, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #268 of 269
  I suppose I can't get a badge after the facts? In fact, I did attend :)

Try sending a PM to @joe.  He may be busy in Singapore right now, but he's the man for the job. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back