2014 Montreal Head-Fi Meet
May 18, 2014 at 11:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

GL1TCH3D

Headphoneus Supremus
Hello!
In the past there have been problems with organizing meets but we've managed successful meets for the past 2 years (successful meaning nothing was damaged and a good turnout considering the lack of interest in the hobby in the area).
Here's the impressions thread from last year:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/678571/montreal-meet-2013-pictures-and-impressions-thread

We usually have about 10-15 people with lots and lots of equipment.
First we have to discuss where the meet will be held this year before knowing how many spaces will be available.
I'm aiming to have it sometime in August like the past 2 years since that's usually before school starts for students (or at least before school work starts piling up).

Post below or PM me if you're interested!

May 23, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 12
Interested for sure! I've missed the last couple of meets due to schedule conflicts but I'm glad someone else is picking it up now!

I would have quite a few items to show there:

LCD-2
Audio-technica ad2000, currently being rewired
Technics SL-1200 with goldring 1042 if anyone wants to hear that

and more stuff, which could be easily discussed.

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 12
Always in

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #7 of 12
Depends on the timing but I'm probably in! Working on a 4P1L single feed spud for dynamics, some 6E5P/GU50 monstrosity and a 6HV5 spud for Stax so with any luck I might have an amp or three to show off. 
smily_headphones1.gif

The 6688s were cute so I obviously had to stock up.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 12
Is it not possible to do it at the same place as the last 2 years?

It's sad I had to cancel last year on the morning of the meet. It was for health reasons, and sadly my state has only worsened since. I simply cannot plan anything ahead because I cannot know how I'll feel on any given day.

If I'm feeling up for it on the day of this meet, I may show up. I can't promise anything more.

Jul 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 12
Is it not possible to do it at the same place as the last 2 years?

It's sad I had to cancel last year on the morning of the meet. It was for health reasons, and sadly my state has only worsened since. I simply cannot plan anything ahead because I cannot know how I'll feel on any given day.

If I'm feeling up for it on the day of this meet, I may show up. I can't promise anything more.

Sorry to hear that!
And unfortunately I have not gotten in touch with Steve who normally provided us with the office which is why we're searching for alternatives. I think the best option is a school room downtown.

Jul 25, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #11 of 12
When would this be happening? I used to live in Montreal but I might be back in town at the end of summer. I don't have much to bring but I would love to participate! 

Aug 5, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #12 of 12
Sorry to hear that!
And unfortunately I have not gotten in touch with Steve who normally provided us with the office which is why we're searching for alternatives. I think the best option is a school room downtown.

The meets used to be held in rented school rooms in Montreal. But the last one that was planned that way, only two persons showed up so the organizer and the other person had to split the bill between the two of them. It was planned that the price of the rent be divided between the attendees, which was set to be fair if all the RSVPs had showed up.

Following these bad experiences, nobody dared organizing a meet in a rented room in Montreal. The success of the last ones were due, I assume, to the fact that they were free. No student wants to find themselves having to pay 50$ for something they planned to pay 5$ for. It's a risk most of us would rather avoid.

So, from my point of view, I would discourage going the route of renting a room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back