2013 CanJam @ RMAF (Oct. 11-13, 2013): One of the world's finest headphone audio shows!
Oct 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #226 of 229
My son and I only arrived at RMAF about 5PM today, because he didn't want to miss any classes (high school) and we had a 2 hour drive after school.  We get the same room every year overlooking the courtyard at the Marriott, so it's a short walk to the CanJam room.

I had time to visit PS Audio and drop off my PerfectWave DAC for the Mk2 upgrade that I bought 11 months ago (doh!), so finger's crossed that I'll still like it when they ship it back to me. Paul McGowen was as charming as ever, but he doesn't remember me :frowning2:  

Then we said hi to a few people at CanJam, and helped my son buy his own pair of V-MODA M-100 since I refuse to let him have mine.  They only had a few pair here for sale 20% off, which saved us $60 from the Amazon price.  They're still my favorite portable closed over-the-ear headphones, but I haven't heard them all yet.  We went to dinner with Ray Samuels and Steve (sorry, forgot last name, ima dummy since this isn't the first time we've shared a meal) and had great food at Texas Roadhouse .

We're looking forward to listening to a bunch of gear tomorrow, and we brought several of our own high-end headphones with us (stuffed into a large camera case) - including HD800 with Moon-Audio Black Dragon cable, HE-500 with silver dragon, LCD-2 rev2 with silver dragon, HD600 with APS V3 cable, and a pair of Stax SR-007 just in case.  

I'll try to take photos and post here (or if there is a new impressions thread).

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #228 of 229
Since the show has started now, would the next person with impressions and/or pics mind starting the impressions thread in the Meet Impressions forum? Thanks, would appreciate it.

http://www.head-fi.org/f/45/head-fi-meet-impressions-trade-show-reports-factory-tours

Oct 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #229 of 229

Users who are viewing this thread

Back