~$200 to play with, recommendations?
Jul 21, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by dogteal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm also looking for a modestly priced amp to drive my SE530 IEMs, I'm just curious why there hasn't been more mention of the RSA Tomahawk used, it seems you can find one for about $215. I my self am considering one of those, or a D2 Boa, Also in the mix if I go the Corda route I would pony up the $275 for a 2move cause the idea of a dac is alluring and probably the reason I haven't already pulled the trigger on a Tomahawk.

If you know where to get a Tomahawk for $215, please let me know! Skylab rated the Move2 higher, but folks REALLY seem to love Ray Samuels' amps.

Jul 23, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elladan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you know where to get a Tomahawk for $215, please let me know! Skylab rated the Move2 higher, but folks REALLY seem to love Ray Samuels' amps.

Keep an eye onthe for sale/trade forums and you will see them occasionally around that price, one is there now for $230.

Jul 26, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #35 of 38
Yes it does look like they raised the price of the minibox e+. I have one paired with my yuin pk1s and I think its fantastic. Going back and forth from my pa2v2 to the minibox it's no comparison. Pa2v2 just seems to make things louder and the highs are piercing to my ears.There is also a bass boost switch which is fun with hip hop/rap,Plus the form factor makes it fit well with my ipod.Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI] - Page 81 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Also with the minibox you have the ability to roll op amps. I've got 2 AD797s coming in the mail as per MrArroyos suggestion. Here is his portable amp review- http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/3...review-250223/

Unfortunately I have no experience with any of the other amps but I hope to soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back