~$200-300 IEM Suggestion
Jun 27, 2018 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

loopy.s

New Head-Fier
I'm a newbie so bare with me, but I have a bit of experience.

I have the Jays a-Jays Five right now, and I want to upgrade. I like the bassiness of the a-Jays Five but I want something with a better soundstage and more texture. I enjoy a full sound with space between the sounds, and enough texture to hear details. I'm not sure if this is possible at my price range.

As a reference, I dislike the ATH M50s. I don't like it's deep V-shaped sound. The mids sound way too recessed, and for my ears it sounds far from "balanced". The lack of texture in the bass and harshness in the highs makes it sound thin and flat overall.

I'm looking at the Vsonic GR01s and the GR07s right now. I read that the GR07s have a better bass and width than the GR01s but that it's also V-shaped and has issues with sibilance. I'm not too familiar with sibilance but from what I read on it I don't think I'd enjoy it. On the flipside the GR01s seems to sound great but that it's kind of boring. Maybe I should look at something else?

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #3 of 7
If you appreciate a fuller sound and want something with a good soundstage and more texture, I suggest Massdrop Noble X. It's basically a bit more approachable version of Noble Sage ($600) for $250. I'm delighted with them.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #4 of 7
I recommend iBasso IT01 (for more bass while retaining clear vocals, and a bit of a rolled off treble) or Comet Audio Comet (fairly balanced, punchy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back