2.1 desktop speaker setup with SMALL satellites?
Nov 21, 2023 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

poisonborz

New Head-Fier
Hey, I have a free standing desk setup with multiple monitors (that block the desk) so I use poles for satellites. They can't hold any heavy/large speakers (1.5kg+). I know lightness/small size is bad for quality, but I can live with this trade-off. Do you have any recommendations for a 2.1 setup with smaller satellites, with a max of $4-500 range? I like auto turn-on, standard/non-fixed cabling and possibly a remote to not have to fiddle with on-speaker controls.

My current considerations:
  • Klipsch Promedia Heritage - has lightest, nicest looking satellite (0.7kg!) and all the features above. But really pricey (435€ in EU!) and quality is mixed according to reviews.
  • Kanto YU2 with a sub - I'd really want to have a sub, so heavy sub-featuring satellites are kinda unneeded
  • Audioengine A2+ with a sub - Worried about the wireless stability and longevity

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Had same problem as yours, premium 2.1 with small footprint. I looked at:
- Harman Kardon Soundsticks
- LD Systems
- Kali Audio IN-UNF
- Focal Dome Flax (just way out of budget)

Ended up on a mini soundbar + Sub: Polk Audio Magnifi Mini AX placed below the monitor.

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey, I have a free standing desk setup with multiple monitors (that block the desk) so I use poles for satellites. They can't hold any heavy/large speakers (1.5kg+). I know lightness/small size is bad for quality, but I can live with this trade-off. Do you have any recommendations for a 2.1 setup with smaller satellites, with a max of $4-500 range? I like auto turn-on, standard/non-fixed cabling and possibly a remote to not have to fiddle with on-speaker controls.

My current considerations:
  • Klipsch Promedia Heritage - has lightest, nicest looking satellite (0.7kg!) and all the features above. But really pricey (435€ in EU!) and quality is mixed according to reviews.
  • Kanto YU2 with a sub - I'd really want to have a sub, so heavy sub-featuring satellites are kinda unneeded
  • Audioengine A2+ with a sub - Worried about the wireless stability and longevity
try looking second hand, i can recommend Mirage nanosat, these give a very spacious sound, due to the top firing tweeter.
the sub also does a surprising amount of bass, and low distortion/high power handling from sub and speaker owing to an aluminium cone

Nov 21, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 4
try looking second hand, i can recommend Mirage nanosat, these give a very spacious sound, due to the top firing tweeter.
the sub also does a surprising amount of bass, and low distortion/high power handling from sub and speaker owing to an aluminium cone
i can also recommend any older klipsch, mirage, energy, paradigm systems (all those Canadian ones)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back