1st time Android user: Should I get a used smart phone as a wifi PMP or jjust get a new smart phone?
May 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

lacuna

New Head-Fier
I want to get a portable Android device for music,movie and internet and I am wondering if it makes sense to get a used smart phone as a PMP? My original plan was to get a PMP (Samsung Galaxy player wifi) as I do not want to pay for the data plan. I have a Sprint basic plan with no data which will end in June but my current dumb phone's battery is dying. I guess my options are: 1) Wait til contract ends in June and get a smart phone with new contract (with whoever gets the best plan and phone selection) 2) Just buy a used phone from Craiglist: a) an used smart phone as an Adroid PMP device (e.g. the Samsung Galaxy Epic or Vibrant for the Wolfson dac and Voodoo?) b) any used phone and buy the new Samsung Galaxy Player Wifi 3) Or other suggestions from you guys =) Since this is my 1st Android device and most likely I need to root it (?) to get the best sound, I do not want to spend a lot on it. Thanks! Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back