1990 D-11 Sony pcdp..
Jun 17, 2002 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

a1leyez0nm3

1000+ Head-Fier
I just picked up a 1990 D-11 at a garage sale for $5. So far it sounds pretty good. very powerful amp. The bass boost is actually usable, and I listen to it with the setting at 1 sometimes. it seems to have pretty deep bass for a portable. came with a mounting plate and a car kit/adaptor built in. does anyone know of a place to get specs on it???

Jun 17, 2002 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 11
Thanks for the picture a1leyez0nm3...

This is obviously from the same year as the D33, both the model number (sequence) and the player shape are similar on both models...

Seems a sweet buy for $5, considering its age - and the fact its in working order!

I wonder if Purk could ask his friend 'Neo' - Neo is AFAIK into old Discmen... and could well have the answers you're after...

Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by cola
yahoo japan &ebay have more old PCDP model

I check out Yahoo Japan every so often and it's pretty interesting what sort of PCDP's show up there.

Never knew Sony made a D-E666 model.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 6:52 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
umm... i went to yahoojapan.. I can only read english and some espanol... not japanese or chineese or..?

Use the Babelfish translator at Alta Vista here. Put in Yahoo Japan's url and select "Japanese to English" in the drop down menu.

Babelfish's translations are relatively understandable but are pretty hilarious sometimes.
tongue.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 7:09 AM Post #9 of 11
I'd figure the Sony D-E666 would probably sound bad, but it was more of a comment about the model number.

666, from the Book of Revelation in the Bible, "sign of the beast" or Satan, hence the
evil_smiley.gif

Is it any surprise there hasn't been any mention of this model in any western countries?

Jun 19, 2002 at 7:20 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by a1leyez0nm3
i think she was talking about the model #... but anyway,, thanks. babelfish, ehh... where should i go in yahoojapan??

Seems more like a comment on the sound of it...

Click on "Auction" near the top of the page to go to Yahoo Japan's auction area, then "Home appliance and AV, camera", then finally "Audio equipment". That'll get you to the relevant section. Then you can check out PCDP, MD, headphones, etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back