1212m for music and A2 ZS for games?
Sep 19, 2004 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BrianS

500+ Head-Fier
I'm having a huge problem here. I have installed the EMU and it works fine. But when I go to install the Audigy 2, it won't even boot into windows unless I use safemode. Is the audigy 2 that much better for games to go through all this trouble?? I guess I could just use the EMU for everything and get a seperate USB microphone. I really don't know what to do at this point. I'm using win xp pro sp2. Thanks for any help

Sep 19, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 10
It is possible,but you can run into alot of trouble before you get them work together.I had them working together for a long time,then my computer got reset due to power failure in the house,and when it started Emu didnt output any sound.I spent alot of time on trying to install them again,but had to take audigy out.

Sep 19, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 10
The only thing you lose in games is multi channel support really, I have zero problems with games and my emu 1212m, you only get 2 channel output of course, but not a big deal to me.

Why not try it out first before asking all these questions? Only you can decide if you find it acceptable.

Sep 19, 2004 at 7:51 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
The only thing you lose in games is multi channel support really, I have zero problems with games and my emu 1212m, you only get 2 channel output of course, but not a big deal to me.

Why not try it out first before asking all these questions? Only you can decide if you find it acceptable.

I like to pretend I'm talking with intelligent people who are aware of the situation and, in this instance, want the gaming benefits the audigy provides. You need to install the Audigy before the Emu and you can get both working fine, but most of the Audigy software will be broken. Fortunately, the CTPanel will still work, and that has nearly everything you'll ever need.

Sep 19, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 10
ok guys thanks for the replies. i think im done messing with it and will just get a usb microphone and use the emu for my gaming as well.

Sep 19, 2004 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianS
ok guys thanks for the replies. i think im done messing with it and will just get a usb microphone and use the emu for my gaming as well.

I think you will be very happy with that, you have a great setup.

Side note: I think we should make a sticky thread with all the info regarding the E-MU and chanitech cards for setup and what not, tonnes of threads lately on the same topics.

Sep 20, 2004 at 12:41 AM Post #8 of 10
yea good idea asmo, they would be helpful definitely

Sep 20, 2004 at 1:53 PM Post #9 of 10
Brian, you might want to look over at the E-MU 1212M forum here. There are a number of threads about coexistence between the 1212M and the Audigy -- in particular look for posts from ICHi, who's a Creative Labs/E-MU rep. He's also promised that the E-MU driver team is going to look at fixing the overlap with the Audigy drivers, which is what causes all the problems. (Both cards are based on the same E-MU chip, so the drivers use some of the same filenames and overwrite each other without warning.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back