12 DACs (Observations, Impressions), 5 Amps, 5 Headphones (Cancelled)
Apr 16, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #91 of 103
Sheesh.HIS gear, HIS music, HIS review, HIS opinion.Usually the opinions starts AFTER you have someting concrete to discuss or critise.
Callling people bitches, well thats just
evil_smiley.gif
! Interesting choice of words though as it seems he does not wanna be anyones "bitch" on this thread.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #92 of 103
Quote:

HeatFan, you are more than qualified to do this review. Why? Because you have the dacs and you have the music that YOU like and listen to. That is as qualified as it gets.

Exactly

Apr 16, 2010 at 6:23 AM Post #93 of 103
I would go as far as to say he's qualified to do the review because he has EARS and isn't Spock.

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #94 of 103
I don't really want to cause any additional drama, but I feel like sharing my thoughs.

After initial show off and all the cheering up, HeatFan was full of enthusiasm. But later, when he realized amount of work to be done, he is just started looking for an excuse to cancel the test. It could either be a music, methodology, interconnections, anything. And I can't really blame him.

Myself I was really looking forward for comparison of Audio-gd stuff against everything else, disregarding music tastes. But oh well.

Apr 16, 2010 at 8:55 AM Post #95 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarlek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really want to cause any additional drama, but I feel like sharing my thoughs.

After initial show off and all the cheering up, HeatFan was full of enthusiasm. But later, when he realized amount of work to be done, he is just started looking for an excuse to cancel the test. It could either be a music, methodology, interconnections, anything. And I can't really blame him.

Myself I was really looking forward for comparison of Audio-gd stuff against everything else, disregarding music tastes. But oh well.

x2

I tend to think the same thing but heatfan have a lot of pressure now that he teased us.
tongue_smile.gif

edit : i just notice its "officially" canceled ... HeatFan can you at-least post your quick impressions or the gear just sound too similar with too small differences to your ears ?
I want to know if you found-out that audio-gd gear are really ahead of the others.

Apr 16, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #96 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega17TheTrue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit : i just notice its "officially" canceled ... HeatFan can you at-least post your quick impressions or the gear just sound too similar with too small differences to your ears ?
I want to know if you found-out that audio-gd gear are really ahead of the others.

That would be really nice. You wrote you already finished the comparison between matrix and Fun and I'm very interested to hear your opinion
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thanks

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #97 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDuke990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be really nice. You wrote you already finished the comparison between matrix and Fun and I'm very interested to hear your opinion
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thanks

I to was looking forward to your comparison of the Matrix and the Fun.

I'm happy to hear all opinions of gear, and if some people don't like your musical selections, that's an opinion they are entitled to. However, your preferences and selections are your choice.

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #98 of 103
Disappointing to see this got cancelled
frown.gif
I was looking forward to a couple of DACs being reviewed. I listen to poorly recorded metal ranging from 128kbps to FLAC which I have no problem listening to through my rig
biggrin.gif
It would be good to see how much better the Audio-GD DAC-19 DF is than the Zero DAC (am thinking about this upgrade, though DSP most likely).

It would have just been nice to hear a quick impression (try a few songs with a DAC) that's all. I would have loved to hear what the DAC-19 offered that the Zero simply does not. But I do understand your situation. I have even put off things like two headphones compared to each other because it stresses me out
biggrin.gif
(Then again I am a teenager and everything stresses me out
tongue.gif
).

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #99 of 103
I also am kinda sad about the cancelation but I understand it also. I have always found Jesse to be a stand up guy due to various PM's between the two of us. It just seems to me that there are some self proclaimed experts here on this forum that if you don't like their kind of music or have their equipment that somehow your opinion doesn't matter. Sorry but that is my opinion and I am entitled to it. I don't make many posts about equipment either for that reason. Just because we can't use verbage to define what we hear doesn't change the fact that we hear it. Please PM me Jesse to share your thoughts about the Audio GD.

Apr 16, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #100 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwarlek /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I simply made a suggestion, even offered to send him a good mastered version of one of the songs he listed in the test free of charge. The guy is just playing a matyr. If its my way or the highway, why the hell even share his methodology on a public forum? I've learned plenty on this forum, this guy won't learn a damn thing with his attitude.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #101 of 103
It was just two people who made remarks that might've been considered rude, and dexter3d corrected what he meant by "real instrument" as simply meaning acoustic instruments, and regal said he was just trying to give friendly advice so no need to take offense from either of them.

Regal, I know you were just trying to be helpful but it was interpreted as rude, but please consider changing the above post to not give a real valid reason for heatfan to be angry at you hehe

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #102 of 103
Woa!
This thread had such potential. I can't believe a couple of closed-minded individuals de-railed a whole project.
I believe this kind of thing is called "Thread crapping". Am I right?

Thread Crapping

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #103 of 103
HeatFan, I do thank you for answering my questions earlier but I have one more:
Regards this endeavor of yours, and what has transpired, what would Rocky Balboa do?

Keep moving forward friend.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back