~$100 IEMs for iPhone - Rock
Oct 31, 2019 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TRapz

500+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for IEMs around $100 that I can use with my iPhone X, meaning I need a Lightning connector or Bluetooth. I'd prefer something wired, unless I can get decent quality in this price range with Bluetooth IEMs. I've been using Beats Solo 3 when out, but I really dislike over-ear headphones when I'm commuting, and they're too bassy even with the Bass Reducer EQ turned on on my iPhone.

I'm not looking for incredible clarity, but I'm looking for something not too bassy, preferably with more of an emphasis on mids than your average headphones. I listen mostly to punk, although I listen to rock in general, alongside some electronic and rap now and then. I thought about purchasing the iBasso IT01, which looks great, but I'd need a Lightning adaptor; I'm not opposed to that, but I'm not sure what's good in terms of adaptors either.

Thanks for your help.

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 6
Do you not have Apple Lightening Audio Adapter ? It should come with the iPhone (my 8plus came with one). I use it with my IEM and Headphone. I also have ES-100 Bluetooth amplifier and get a lot of love for its form factor and functionality. I personally can't tell any difference in sound quality (320kbs streaming) between the two except ES-100 has little less high freq emphasis compared to the apple adapter (or other way around). They are really in striking distance to each other. Only reason I use ES-100 is to disconnect my IEMs from phone at work.

According to this site, the adapter is a pretty good value.

If you like IT01's and not averse to the adapter, I'd recommend just using it. If you loose one, it only costs $10 at local best buy.

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 6
I don’t—I lost the adaptor some time back. I’d never really used it and just assumed it wasn’t of great quality, but reading that, it doesn’t look bad at all. I might have to pick one up—thanks for the advice!

I’ll have to go through my options for standard IEMs then—might get the IT01s.

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah don't feel bad about using that Apple adapter one bit. That thing is dead silent and is truly a marvel of engineering.

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 6
I don’t—I lost the adaptor some time back. I’d never really used it and just assumed it wasn’t of great quality, but reading that, it doesn’t look bad at all. I might have to pick one up—thanks for the advice!

I’ll have to go through my options for standard IEMs then—might get the IT01s.

If you have $100 to spend, can’t get better than it01’s. They were my first audiophile iems and were just pure joy to listen to - very versatile and fun sounding. Returned those for fit as I have really small ears. I bought iems 3x expensive since but felt laws of diminishing returns setting in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back