100-200$ Amp to 6th gen Ipod 160gb classic and Triple.Fi, recommendations?
Feb 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Serafim

New Head-Fier
So its time for an amp to the setup, proper LOD on the way too.

What would be a good general amp for any kind of music, an ipod and a pair of Triple.Fi`s for around 100-200 bucks?

Feb 24, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #2 of 6
iBasso T4 is great for 109 if you want a small amp.
iBasso D2 is a good Amp/DAC for 160, but I would say to look into the NuForce Icon Mobile if you are considering it. It's only 100 and the threat about it has around 440 posts.
Minibox is 229 (I think) and has great SQ.
iBasso P3 can roll opamps so you can change the sound to your liking.

Feb 25, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 6
I'm actually looking for the exact same thing, with the exact same setup (160GB iPod, Triple.Fis)

I'm curious though, what kind of LOD cable did you get / what do you guys recommend?

*stays tuned for more opinions on amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #5 of 6
Speaking of, what amps do you anyone here end up using in a practical sense? There is always a better amp for a certain kind of use and genre. But an allround, kick ass, durable and allround good SQ amp? Not too coloured soundwise?

Feb 26, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 6
I did the same exercise a short while ago.

I had an iPod 160GB classic and some Triple.Fi's at the time.

After some research I decided on an iBasso D3 + LOD + Cable ( all from iBasso ). I'd never had an amp before and this one seemed the best for the money.

Then I sold the TF's, I wanted a Ray Samuels Audio P-51 Mustang then I thought about the exchange rate and the import taxes. Not a good idea. Then I considered an iQube but they never seem to have any, and they're expensive too.

I finally went for a Meier 3Move. I didn't really want an amp with a DAC ( also bought a V-DAC for home use ), but the 3Move gets a really good ratings around here so I went for it.

Steven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back