~100€ Organic IEMs
Apr 6, 2017 at 6:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Niouke

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for a pair of ~100€ dynamic IEM's to add to my collection. what I am looking for is the total opposite of BA IEM's that I currently own (Sony XBA-300, 1More Triple Drivers) on wich I will listen to 90's HipHop (Wu Tang amongst other), old Soul recordings, Classic reggae like Gregory Isaacs or Burning Spear, nothing electronic.

I want a very organic/natural sounding pair of IEM's with powerfull and detailed bass and lively mids. Trebles have to be there but detail is secondary, the size of soundstage is also secondary. A good fit would be nice and I'm not a fan of over the ear fits. Good isolation is a plus but also secondary.

Any suggestions? I'm currently looking at the ATH-M50/M70 and RHA-MA750

Apr 6, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hello Guys,

I'm looking for a pair of ~100€ dynamic IEM's to add to my collection. what I am looking for is the total opposite of BA IEM's that I currently own (Sony XBA-300, 1More Triple Drivers) on wich I will listen to 90's HipHop (Wu Tang amongst other), old Soul recordings, Classic reggae like Gregory Isaacs or Burning Spear, nothing electronic.

I want a very organic/natural sounding pair of IEM's with powerfull and detailed bass and lively mids. Trebles have to be there but detail is secondary, the size of soundstage is also secondary. A good fit would be nice and I'm not a fan of over the ear fits. Good isolation is a plus but also secondary.

Any suggestions? I'm currently looking at the ATH-M50/M70 and RHA-MA750

I like the MA750 (it is over-ear, as I am sure you know). I have heard the IM70 is good but I haven't heard it, personally. You might also check out the VSONIC GR07 Bass Edition. It might work.

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 6
  I like the MA750 (it is over-ear, as I am sure you know). I have heard the IM70 is good but I haven't heard it, personally. You might also check out the VSONIC GR07 Bass Edition. It might work.

thanks for the input.

the VSONIC would be an aliexpress buy made in china while the MA750 is made in great britain IIRC and well distributed in france so the RHA got an edge on that. The VSONIC is pricier but seem to have the edge on sound, as the ma750 reviews are mixed and its characteristics seem to overlap with my BA iems which are probably superior.

I thought about it an I'm open for any headphone proposal aswell, I will be using these at home. For now I'm still edging for the ATH-M70 as it is cheaper than the VSONIC import included, and it's japanese :D

Apr 7, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 6
  thanks for the input.

the VSONIC would be an aliexpress buy made in china while the MA750 is made in great britain IIRC and well distributed in france so the RHA got an edge on that. The VSONIC is pricier but seem to have the edge on sound, as the ma750 reviews are mixed and its characteristics seem to overlap with my BA iems which are probably superior.

I thought about it an I'm open for any headphone proposal aswell, I will be using these at home. For now I'm still edging for the ATH-M70 as it is cheaper than the VSONIC import included, and it's japanese :D

You are open to an over-ear closed or open headphone? Do you have a preference on open or closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back