0404 problem...
Nov 28, 2004 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mico730

Head-Fier
ok..i've used the 0404 for almost 2 weeks, it sounds really great. but i have a problem with it working with my ATI AIW video card. i'm using the video card to watch tv, so i hooked it up to the analog input of the 0404, got no problem at all during watching, sounds are working. problems come when i start to record the tv shows. during recording the sounds are still working fine, but when i play the files that i recorded, i got no sound!!! i went to the setup of the TV player, and in the recording option menu, it says no audio. and when i plug my logitech webcam (with mic) into the computor and change the recording device to it, and after i record the tv shows, i got sound now!!but there're recorded from the mic of my webcam which sounds aweful...is there any solution to it?? probably gonna get another sound card just for recording tv show right??

Nov 29, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 12
Try the attached session file. (Right click and "Save as..."; also, due to the file name limitations of uploading documents to the forum you'll need to set PatchMix DSP to "All files" in the open dialog box or rename it to remove the .txt at the end to open this session).

Nov 29, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 12
thanks but i can't open that session, it says it's invalid or corrupted, can you please tell me what to do in my patchmix??

Nov 29, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mico730
thanks but i can't open that session, it says it's invalid or corrupted, can you please tell me what to do in my patchmix??

That session should work. Make sure you're following his directions.

Right-click on the link, and click on Save Target As...

Save it to your desktop, or to wherever you want.

Go to the file that you just saved, right-click on it, and then click on Rename.

Delete the ".txt" part of the filename and press Enter. It should now be named something like NewSession44.session

In PatchMix, click on the Open Session button (it's up at the top, towards the right). Browse over to the session that you saved, and load it.

Nov 29, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #5 of 12
yah i tried to rename it, but there isn't any .txt for me to delete...the file name just showed as "newsessions44.session" but with a text file icon..

Nov 29, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #6 of 12
oh another question, when i looked at the sound setup in the control panel, i found that the recording section is grayed out, is there any way to sort of "activate" it??

Nov 29, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #7 of 12
I have this same problem. The answer is that there is no way to record from ATI TV using the 0404. This is because there is no record mixer settings available for the 0404 under windows mixer. ATI TV needs this mixer for some reason, so even though the record capabilities of the 0404 are wave and directsound compatible, it does not work wit ATI. Kind of a bummer, and a pain as I now have to use my on-board sound just for recording in ATI TV, THEN send that to the emu, then send it to my speakers for output. I do this because there's only one input connector on my speakers. My only option for you to be able to record tv shows with the 0404 is to use another recording program like Shadowstream, or get yourself a cheap soundcard and use ATI TV. Hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2004 at 6:28 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tschanrm
I have this same problem. The answer is that there is no way to record from ATI TV using the 0404. This is because there is no record mixer settings available for the 0404 under windows mixer. ATI TV needs this mixer for some reason, so even though the record capabilities of the 0404 are wave and directsound compatible, it does not work wit ATI.

thanks tschanrm, i'm thinking in that way too as i don't see any audio input options in the ATI TV player...and there's another problem too as my motherboard will auto disable my onboard audio once a sound card was installed, so no way for me to use the onboard sound input...

so i'm going to get myself another cheap soundcard only for recording that sound...any suggestions?? how's the Chaintech one??does it work well with the 0404??or should i get an USB external one??

Quote:

use my on-board sound just for recording in ATI TV, THEN send that to the emu, then send it to my speakers for output. I do this because there's only one input connector on my speakers.

why don't you use the s/pdif to connect your video card to the 0404 and leave the line-in for your onboard just for recording? i was thinking to do that but after i know my on-board doesn't work, i just gave tht up..

Nov 29, 2004 at 7:00 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

why don't you use the s/pdif to connect your video card to the 0404 and leave the line-in for your onboard just for recording? i was thinking to do that but after i know my on-board doesn't work, i just gave tht up..

The spdif is used only for outputting ac-3 stream, and is only activated when playing dvd's through ati's dvd player, otherwise I would do that option for the tv. Overall I think ATI's TV program would be great if they would just work out some of these annoying audio bugs which have plagued the program since its inception.

Nov 29, 2004 at 10:39 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mico730
yah i tried to rename it, but there isn't any .txt for me to delete...the file name just showed as "newsessions44.session" but with a text file icon..

Windows has this very useless feature that hides every .extension it knows, any extensions which are used by any programs. This feature is very "n00bish" feature that should be disabled !

Go to "My computer" --> "Tools" --> "Folder settings" --> "View" ....
There you should see some checkboxes and remove some idiotic settings like "Hide all known file extensions" ...

Also disable option that says "Remember each folder settings", and then click Apply. You should also press that bigger button on the view tab that says "Apply to all folders" or someting like that...i dont remember all the right stuff in english, because i am using Finnish language Windows here at work.

Nov 30, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

The spdif is used only for outputting ac-3 stream, and is only activated when playing dvd's through ati's dvd player, otherwise I would do that option for the tv. Overall I think ATI's TV program would be great if they would just work out some of these annoying audio bugs which have plagued the program since its inception.

is that right??oh..then it'll be really annoying to do all those sendings...btw, i tried the shadowstream you mentioned, but no luck, it doesn't have an option for the audio input either, so only choice left is to get another card..

Nov 30, 2004 at 7:25 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

i tried the shadowstream you mentioned, but no luck, it doesn't have an option for the audio input either, so only choice left is to get another card..

Shadowstream does work with the 0404, I've tried it, its just a pain to use the program because there is no way to schedule recordings, they must always be done manually. If you want to know how, just ask and I'll explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back