“New” headphone stand
Jul 7, 2018 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tourmax

New Head-Fier
Well, now that I’ve got a grand total of two headphones (Pioneer monitor 10’s and Sansui SS-35’s) i need to organize them.

I find myslef wanting a stand instead of them laying around or hanging off whatever is convenient. I’d also like to display them a bit as i really like the way they look. But as you may have guessed, I prefer “vintage” so just any stand wont do.

Walking through the local thrift store I come across an old camera tripod in great shape:

D3A31261-3B44-4370-A0C0-89A6C5027C14.jpeg

Made by “Cherry”, which as i understand, is (or was) a Japanese camera company of some quality and repute. Whatever the case, the black and chrome tripod looks (IMHO) fantastic! Supposedly 50’s-60’s era. All I know is it will go perfectly with both my headsets.

So I snatch it up for 5 bucks. A steal.

I plan to put a bar (aluminum) across the camera pad and hang a set off either side. I’ll do something on the mill so its not just a flat piece of aluminum, Nothing extravagant, just something to give it a little bit of visual interest. The existing “arm” for the camaera pad will be oriented straight out the back and will hold the cords nicely.

0DC02D67-775E-46EC-BA84-E84B87400D3C.jpeg

It will look great with my silver faced components and the black and silver Pioneer and Sansui headsets!

Imagination rules!

:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back