Which USB interface ?
Apr 22, 2017 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

r11bordo

New Head-Fier
Hello,

Guys have compared Singxer SU-1 and Mutec MC-3+ USB and prefer Mutec much more (in computer audiophile forum).
Does somebody compared these 2 interfaces ? What were yours feelings regarding audio qualities of these 2 items ?

Thanks

Apr 30, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 2
Well price-wise the Singxer SU-1 is good. It support native DSD et cetera. It depends if your DAC supports it or not. If so, choose the Singxer SU-1 else go for the Mutec MC-3+. The Mutec MC-3+ has more options on board, better / mature driver, could convert DSD to PCM (A format which all DAC's support). Singxer SU-1 can't convert it to PCM, but has native playback passthrough of DSD to DAC. The Mutec MC-3+ lacks native DSD playback though. It could only convert DSD to PCM. So he knows what to do with DSD but can't copy 1:1 DSD to the DAC, it always converts it to PCM. The built quality of the Mutec MC-3+ is a bit better. Sound-quality wise, you talk about a small margin in% in favor of the Mutec. I would choose the one that fits your DAC. In my case it would be the Mutec because of the DSD>PCM conversion (Schiit DAC's doesn't support DSD). I would gain a new feature with that :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back