Which In-Ears with 50Ω + under 100 Euros?
Jul 24, 2017 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

DarkSession

New Head-Fier
Well i bought the LG G6 with the Quad DAC. I'm currently using Soundmagic EC10s which sound just boring and non alive. They are loud, but the Bass is completely lacking as well as a wide stage. My DT 990 Pros are beautifull combined with the G6. The DAC does only trigger with Headphones over 50Ω, so i need to replace my EC10s which also don't sound great in my opinion.

So im looking for 50Ω+ In Ears which have a a good amount of bass. It would be nice if they also have a Dark sound signature and a wide Stage. But i guess thats something that can't be realised under 100 Euros. So i'm fine if they are bass heavy and have 50 Ohms Plus.

Anything you guys can recommend? Thank you! (Im Using my Earphones when working out, so its no option to use Over ears.)

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 14
Well after reading a bit it looks like it just kicks the amp to high gain mode with higher impedance nothing else. I think you would be better off with a lower impedance earphone rather than a higher one.

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #3 of 14
I agree. I think you would get plenty of volume with a 1More Triple Driver, which really does sound terrific IMO. Also in your price range would be a Havi B3 Pro 1. You might read about it as well and see what you think. But neither of these is 50 ohms (they are 32 and 45 respectively). If you decide you really must have a 50 ohm IEM, then just ignore all this I guess. ---)

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 14
I think they are both 32 ohm.

Jul 24, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 14
Nah, i really want above 50 Ohms, my OCD can't handle that. Edit : The 1MORE got really good reviews. How does the Bass handle, is it something for me as a basslover?. I could buy a high quality impedance adapter to still get into High Impedance mode.

I read that only One DAC is working in normal mode, and all four in High Impedance mode, the AMP is not the problem, its loud enough. But the Stage and Dynamics are not that great. I hear a big increase when using my DT 990 and turning HiFi mode off, while there is no difference when i turn hifi mode off with my in ears.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 14
Nah, i really want above 50 Ohms, my OCD can't handle that. Edit : The 1MORE got really good reviews. How does the Bass handle, is it something for me as a basslover?. I could buy a high quality impedance adapter to still get into High Impedance mode.

I read that only One DAC is working in normal mode, and all four in High Impedance mode, the AMP is not the problem, its loud enough. But the Stage and Dynamics are not that great. I hear a big increase when using my DT 990 and turning HiFi mode off, while there is no difference when i turn hifi mode off with my in ears.
Well good luck finding a pair that are over 50 ohm as I haven't seen a pair I'm sure there are some but iem's are meant to be played from portable devices that don't usually respond well to high impedance as why most are 32 and below. Well only one dac is working in low gain mode makes absolutely no sense as it is a digital to analog converter so why would it care or what would be the benefit?

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #8 of 14
Well there are Soundmagic E80's which have 64 Ohm, and don't ask me how this is possible with the DAC, but i can feel when the DAC opens his full potential.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #10 of 14
It is not the dac it is the amp. Some dac chips has the amp on the same chip so that might be what is meant there. You are just hearing it going to high gain. A lower impedance high sensitivity iem would give the same result. Do what you will it makes no difference to me I just think you are going the wrong way but that is me. Getting a higher impedance earphone just to kick in the high gain doesn't make sense to me.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #11 of 14
Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #12 of 14
Well only one dac is working in low gain mode makes absolutely no sense as it is a digital to analog converter so why would it care or what would be the benefit?

ESS9218 is an integrated DAC and amplifier chip. Best I understand it, it's not that it literally has four integrated DAC chips, because "Quad" refers to functionality of the chip rather than having four of them. High power mode (ie, it actually increases the power, not just the gain) only activates with higher impedance rather than manually set. Can't remember if that's what the Quad label is referring to though.

Think of it like if the RX 480 and RX 470 were not simply a product of efficient manufacturing (ie they're physically the exact same chip but 470 has some compute cores disabled, which is cheaper than setting up a separate assembly line for it with new tooling) and the RX 480's "low power mode" (anything that isn't a game or rendering) doesn't use all computer cars and basically off idle runs as an RX 470 for lower power consumption, then utilizes all computer cores when you launch a game through AMD Red launcher.

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #13 of 14
I've never heard of an LG G6 with a quad dac. Do you mean LG V20 which is really a different animal than a G6 at least here in the states. I do own a v-10 and know how the whole separate dac and amp work. I like it when I plug my higher impedance over the ears, but can easily hear the benefit with the ess dac and low impedance iems. As others have stated, get an iem you like, not one to activate the amp.

As for impeadnce adapters, here are two different takes:

One selling something
http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-iematch/

One who will help you make something:
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/headphone-attenuation-adapter/

Net is you may get louder results, but freq response may take a hit!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 14
No im talking about the Export Version of the LG G6 which has Dual Sim, 64 GB and the upgraded Sabre Quad DAC from the V20 (ESS 9218 "+"). Model name : H870DS.

I will try my USB Dac and see if the audio improves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back