Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
May 21, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #511 of 811
Thanks for your solid advice. Just want a best fitting. Right now it's taped up because the shell is cracked with a large hole and just looking forward one day to the full experience with a solid fit.
Happy to assist, @AC-12!

I sent you a PM to discuss further and to not detract from the thread. :smiley:

May 25, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #512 of 811
So I just got mine today.
Has been using UERM until I lost it
And wen back with ER4S.

And I have to say, the universl fit version I demo in the shop sounded nothing like the custom.

I feel the univeral fit sounded really bad it sounded muffle and hollowed but since I have been using UERM, I decide give UERR a chance(for a grand)

luckily the gamble pays off, I feel this is the best IEM I ever used, bar none.

IMG_2136.jpg

May 26, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #514 of 811
It looks like there's a few sites offer a pre order on the universal version for a June ship date. I really wonder why it's taking so long since the custom came out a while ago.

May 26, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #515 of 811
It's going down!

Just aquired a 2.5mm Balanced Cable from Ultimate Ears' headquarters, that will be used with the UEPRR for my balanced listening comparisons -- which would be the QP2R, and any DAP that uses the 2.5mm port.

The entire staff there is nothing short of amazing - their customer service is of the upper echelon of awesome!

UE 2.5mm Balanced Cable

Nice plant with CIEM

A closer look at a snazzy design

The UE Sound Tap -- all sorts of wow!

UE has been using the QP1R at various audio meets/events, and it will be nice when they can use the QP2R!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #517 of 811
Hello guys!

I am highly interested in a pair UERR and I wonder if. They are 2pin 0,78mm or do they have another termination? I dont wanna buy new aftermarket cables again

Jun 7, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #518 of 811
Nice! I can't wait to see how the QP2R does. The QP1R does have great synergy with the UERR.
IMG_0994.JPG

QP2R = background, QP1R = foreground, paired with UEPRR

The QP2R performed well paired with the UEPRR. QP2R SE was more expansive and detailed, but not as pinpoint and tight-in-sound as the QP1R. It was when I used UE's Balanced Cable paired with the QP2R did I hear even more deliberate separation between notes, overall depth of sound, and a blacker background when music was playing. Thoroughly enjoyed the sound.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #519 of 811
I made the pilgrimage to Irvine in Orange County, Southern California today...

Yes, you're the first to see these on the internet. These are the new UE cables (I'm affectionately calling them The Ultimate Series for now) that will be available in the near future. The UE staff has been exceedingly gracious to allow me to pick up these cables from their world headquarters and give my thoughts on them. I've been testing them out and both are very special.

The Silver cable (thicker cable shown) is one that I think listeners will enjoy to be able to relax in sound with their UE series. The Gold plated Copper with Silver cable on the other hand. Pure. Bliss. This is a cable that will enthrall your senses, in my opinion. No matter what, the thin cable is very comfortable and is subtly gorgeous to look at. The sound that flows through this beautiful cable is just the delectably tasty cherry on top.

Pairings are teamed with the QP1R and UEPRR.

I'll have more information on complete specifications and availability in the near future. Be on the lookout!

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #520 of 811
I made the pilgrimage to Irvine in Orange County, Southern California today...

Yes, you're the first to see these on the internet. These are the new UE cables (I'm affectionately calling them The Ultimate Series for now) that will be available in the near future. The UE staff has been exceedingly gracious to allow me to pick up these cables from their world headquarters and give my thoughts on them. I've been testing them out and both are very special.

The Silver cable (thicker cable shown) is one that I think listeners will enjoy to be able to relax in sound with their UE series. The Gold plated Copper with Silver cable on the other hand. Pure. Bliss. This is a cable that will enthrall your senses, in my opinion. No matter what, the thin cable is very comfortable and is subtly gorgeous to look at. The sound that flows through this beautiful cable is just the delectably tasty cherry on top.

Pairings are teamed with the QP1R and UEPRR.

I'll have more information on complete specifications and availability in the near future. Be on the lookout!

Will they be available in 2.5mm balanced or 3.5mm single end only?

Jun 16, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #521 of 811
Will they be available in 2.5mm balanced or 3.5mm single end only?
They will be available in 3.5mm configuration. The UE cables are inherently balanced, but you'll need to re-terminate the plug to a 2.5mm plug. You can also use a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter - you may not get full-Balanced benefits from doing so, but depending on the connected device, you'll get the boost in power from the Balanced connection.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #522 of 811
Jun 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #523 of 811
Here are my thoughts on the UERR: https://www.head-fi.org/f/showcase/ultimate-ears-reference-remastered.21755/reviews

Now time to figure out how to put in my horrible smartphone photos without any fixed scaling anymore.

Yeah, scaling of the pictures is not gonna work like it was in old forum, unfortunately.

Regarding the review, do you really think UERR sounds like HD800s? I'm not too familiar with HD800s, just not into full size cans in general, but every single review and impression of HD800/800s I read usually talk about those being bright and vivid, and typically people pair them up with warmer full body desktop amps. UERR are very neutral, natural, and smooth. Again, I can't judge the comparison to Stax or HD800 since I never heard those, but quite familiar with UERR.

Jun 19, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #525 of 811
Yeah, scaling of the pictures is not gonna work like it was in old forum, unfortunately.

Regarding the review, do you really think UERR sounds like HD800s? I'm not too familiar with HD800s, just not into full size cans in general, but every single review and impression of HD800/800s I read usually talk about those being bright and vivid, and typically people pair them up with warmer full body desktop amps. UERR are very neutral, natural, and smooth. Again, I can't judge the comparison to Stax or HD800 since I never heard those, but quite familiar with UERR.

I would say, HD800S isn't bright at all and sounded similar to the UERR (with better soundstage and bass than the UERR), The HD800 on the other hand is closer to the old UERM, a much brighter headphone. (and again HD800 does have actual bass and soundstage unlike the UERM)

I am pleasantly surprised at how different the HD800S is, compared to the HD800 which I disliked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back