UK meets
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

fast3000

New Head-Fier
After my first CanJam in London, i have certainly caught the bug in talking to fellow enthusiasts. Any UK meets being arranged?

Jul 25, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 32
I'm depressed that I only just found out about CanJam in the UK.
Following this thread to hopefully see someone organise something!

Aug 21, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #3 of 32
Anyone in Scotland?

Aug 30, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #4 of 32
Is anyone going to the Indulgence Show? Should be good. I went to the Headroom show a couple of years ago and they had as many, if not slightly more, exhibitors than CanJam and from what I can tell the Indulgence show contains the Headroom show plus more. I'm more than likely going to go.

Aug 30, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #5 of 32
Is anyone going to the Indulgence Show? Should be good. I went to the Headroom show a couple of years ago and they had as many, if not slightly more, exhibitors than CanJam and from what I can tell the Indulgence show contains the Headroom show plus more. I'm more than likely going to go.

We'll be there, what are you looking to try?

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #7 of 32
We'll be there, what are you looking to try?

Well, I spent all my money at CanJam so this will mainly be reconnaissance! I’ll be looking at desktop amp / Dacs, IEMs and open back headphones. I loved the hifiman edition x v2s at CanJam, but really needed a closed pair first so went with fostex th900 which I am really enjoying. When I was at Headroom I wanted the lcd-2, so will have another look there.

Plus I was underwhelmed by the mr speaker aeons and focal elears, so id like to give them another go.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:26 AM Post #8 of 32
Well, I spent all my money at CanJam so this will mainly be reconnaissance! I’ll be looking at desktop amp / Dacs, IEMs and open back headphones. I loved the hifiman edition x v2s at CanJam, but really needed a closed pair first so went with fostex th900 which I am really enjoying. When I was at Headroom I wanted the lcd-2, so will have another look there.

Plus I was underwhelmed by the mr speaker aeons and focal elears, so id like to give them another go.

I prefer the Aeon over the Elear, I personally am not a big fan of the Elear.

We will mainly be showing off Effect Audio cables, but might be taking Oriveti along so you should listen to the New Primacy.

We can also bring other bits if you had anything in particular that you wanted to hear?

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 32
I prefer the Aeon over the Elear, I personally am not a big fan of the Elear.

We will mainly be showing off Effect Audio cables, but might be taking Oriveti along so you should listen to the New Primacy.

We can also bring other bits if you had anything in particular that you wanted to hear?

There’s nothing specific really, just a scouting mission! See you there; probably the Friday.

Sep 5, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #10 of 32
I'll be there at the Indulgence Show. There's also The Audio & AV show in Birmingham coming up soon. Not sure if I'll go to that, but also another option.

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #11 of 32
Thanks for the heads up about the Indulgence Show guys. Just took a look at it (after booking my weekend ticket for next year to CanJam London).

"Show Admission is priced per person and enables you entry to all aspects of the event for either Friday, Saturday or Sunday."

Thats kinda annoying... anyone know if they do a weekend ticket? Don't mind paying a little more for a weekend ticket (like with CJ), means that "one" can go on Saturday, listen to stuff, go home, think, go back on Sunday and hone down selections.

Now I'm pondering if I should hold off placing the order with Custom Cans for some cables I need, and see what the show options are. Hmmm.

Sep 19, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 32
Electromod (schiit.eu.com) has managed to secure a limited quantity of free tickets to the Indulgence Show London on the 29th September through to the 1st October. Please go to the https://indulgenceshow.com and use the discount code ELECTROMOD to claim your free ticket to this excellent event.
Great chance to come and see our Schiit !!

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #13 of 32
Electromod (schiit.eu.com) has managed to secure a limited quantity of free tickets to the Indulgence Show London on the 29th September through to the 1st October. Please go to the https://indulgenceshow.com and use the discount code ELECTROMOD to claim your free ticket to this excellent event.

Nice one! Have my free ticket now, so will deffo be there on the Friday. Thanks!

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #14 of 32

Thanks Mark, thats awesome, looking forward to it - oh that reminds me, need to email you about some bits I'm after, incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back