The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #1,876 of 2,481
Hi Sam

If you are having to re-CNC the wood panels to fix the wood issue, is there any chance I can get a blank back or Ebox logo on mine rather than the inscription I previously chose (which was remarkably uninspired), or are you still able to work with the existing wood you made for the IDGG backers?

It would be entirely re-CNC'd wood, and yes, we can work with you on that :) We can't do a blank back, but we can do the standard Echobox logo. Can you do me a favor and shoot an email with your request to team@eboxaudio.com along any any of your order information that you have on hand? Thank you! 

Apr 9, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #1,877 of 2,481
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Echobox Audio Explorer development update meeting, 10:30 - 11:30am TODAY in the Olympic 1 Ballroom. If you can't attend in person, tune in to our Facebook as we will be broadcasting live. Hope to see you all there! :)

Apr 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #1,878 of 2,481
I just caught up with the FB chat and wanted to say thanks for re-assuring us that things are under control with the Explorer @makethemusic .

Had I been able to watch live, one minor question I might have posed is whether the recent changes to the wood body, and metal chassis have altered the external look of the Explorer, and if so can you show us how please?

The leather case was a pleasant surprise to me as I'd forgotten all about it.
I don't think I've seen ANY pic's of it before that glimpse on FB, how does the Explorer look with it on?

The walnut hasn't made much of an appearance in the promotional shots so far, any chance of a pic' or two of those?

Sorry I couldn't 'attend' live, but my questions seem like they might be better dealt with pictorial replies here on HF anyway.

It's probably a good sign that the only remaining questions I've been able to pose all regard aesthetics rather than functionality.

I already know that the relay click won't bother me at all, and anxiously await enlightenment as to how the Explorer sounds now, I haven't heard it since the 2015 version appeared at London CanJam!
I liked what I heard then, so I'm excited to hear how it presents music now.

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:46 PM Post #1,879 of 2,481
I did get a chance to listen to Sam's prototype with the fixes yesterday and I have to say that the audio output addresses almost all of my concerns with my IGG unit. The relay click is slightly annoying, but the rest of the sound was much improved. No hiss and no noise when actuating things on the UI. I didn't get a chance to do a lot of critical listening (and he didn't have any music on there that I knew really well), but the noise issues were noticeably improved.

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,880 of 2,481
I did get a chance to listen to Sam's prototype with the fixes yesterday and I have to say that the audio output addresses almost all of my concerns with my IGG unit. The relay click is slightly annoying, but the rest of the sound was much improved. No hiss and no noise when actuating things on the UI. I didn't get a chance to do a lot of critical listening (and he didn't have any music on there that I knew really well), but the noise issues were noticeably improved.

What exactly are you referring to as the "relay click"? Is it a noise that occurs when changing tracks on music stored on an SD card?

Apr 15, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,882 of 2,481
We have an announcement to make! We would like to officially welcome Mr. Andre Moore, aka @shiorisekine, as the newest member of Team Echobox :) Andre is currently in training as our Customer Support Manager, and right out the gate he is already rocking :metal::metal: For those of you on Head-Fi, Andre is no stranger, having been an active member of this community for years. We could not be more excited to have him as part of our team, so please join us in a warm welcome :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #1,885 of 2,481
Seems like a good addition and should be good for Echobox and more importantly for the customers. Good news all around. I have yet to watch the video about the Explorer updates but I have been encouraged by recent email exchanges. I was really disappointed with the reports about the first units, but much progress seems to have been made. The one suggestion I would make would be to spend much more time testing each unit before it goes out. Although it does take time initially, it will save time in the long run. This I know from years of experience.

Apr 17, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,887 of 2,481
I echo the congratulatory feeling here, it certainly implies a positiveness, to perhaps, ongoing issue and support.

Will this role, see an active input in overseeing the remainder of the distribution of the IGG backers explorers? If so, can an accurate timescale be applied to it?

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #1,889 of 2,481
Hmmmm . . . I didn't receive that email, but Sam did tell us something similar in the Facebook Live session. I'm hoping that mine will arrive in early May. Of course, that will mean I'll need to start learning how Android works and what side-loading is and how to do it! Hopefully, the folks on this forum will help me out!

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #1,890 of 2,481
Hmmmm . . . I didn't receive that email, but Sam did tell us something similar in the Facebook Live session. I'm hoping that mine will arrive in early May. Of course, that will mean I'll need to start learning how Android works and what side-loading is and how to do it! Hopefully, the folks on this forum will help me out!

This was an individual email exchange, not an "update" type email.  I had contacted them about something else and they put that comment in the response.  I'm hoping they take all the time  they need to fix all issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back