The Ear Pads Thread (post questions or say what ear pads worked for you)
Dec 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 803

PurpleAngel

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, decided to start up a thread dedicated to ear pads, a clearing house of information about ear pads and posting questions about ear pads.
I'll try to update this first post with listings of headphones and what ear pads (exact model name and product ID number) are known to work with (fit) on to that given model of headphone.

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 803
SRH840 pleather/SRH940 valour pads are interexchangable

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #5 of 803
Lookin for a compatible for AKG K81DJ......emailed AKG twice with no responce

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #6 of 803
Quote:
Lookin for a compatible for AKG K81DJ......emailed AKG twice with no responce

Try on eBay typing in "K81DJ" sometimes third party ear pads are list by headphone model number.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 803
Yep...I do that from time to time but no luck yet.....you may want to get a mod to lock the other thread in general discussion...although there are more posts there then here.

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #9 of 803
Quote:
Anyone know of any velour pads that fit the ATH-M50( without worsening the sound)?

normally pleather and valour earpads will effect the sound significantly, pleather for bettter bass and velour for better overall refinement

Dec 7, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #11 of 803
probably the switch from pleather to valour would result in some loss in bass punch while having a more refined treble and midrange

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #12 of 803
I know that the Sennheiser HD280 pads work for the Sony MDR-V6, but just barely (and vice versa). You just have to stretch them a bit.
 I just did this and I like the stock pads for 280's better after I put them on the V6.

BTW, what's the basic difference between Leather, Pleather, and Valour earpads? In terms of bass / treble differences, sound leakage / isolation and comfort.

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #13 of 803
Quote:
I know that the Sennheiser HD280 pads work for the Sony MDR-V6, but just barely (and vice versa). You just have to stretch them a bit.
 I just did this and I like the stock pads for 280's better after I put them on the V6.

BTW, what's the basic difference between Leather, Pleather, and Valour earpads? In terms of bass / treble differences, sound leakage / isolation and comfort.

normally pleather and leather provides better isolation and bass, valour normally provides the best overall sound quality and comfort

Dec 8, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #15 of 803
Quote:
Thanks! Also, do you know how valour is for sound leakage and isolation? I work in an office and can't have my earphones blasting all over the place. 

im not exactly sure, but i guess as long as its not an open back headphone it won't leak so bad unless pumped at very high volume.
it should still isolate okay, not as good as pleather though i believe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back