THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Apr 23, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #3,573 of 5,009
Celine Dion, Adele, Alison Krauss, Whitney Houston

Apr 29, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #3,579 of 5,009
Lately it's Caroline Smith.

Thanks for this - I've been onto AudioTree and purchased this, and a couple of others...

Shame that they seem to orientate their videos mostly towards 'iPod quality', else that could be a valuable resource for me...

Joined the mailing list anyway.

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #3,580 of 5,009
2cyh5lc.jpg

May 4, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #3,584 of 5,009
Susanne Sundfør
Hailing from Norway, the 27 year old is by far heads and shoulders one of the most fascinating and beautiful voices on the planet. With a mastery of jazz and classical she is able to both sing with a full understanding of how music works fundamentally while also transcending it to be free flowing. Her recent album "The Silicone Veil" asks existential questions about how we modify ourselves into these plastic masks to be accepted socially and how in the end we wish to be freed of the silicone surgeries that ensnare our generation.

This is music that will cause you to stop and think, to feel deep emotions, to having you question the sex trade, ponder on the reality of religion, and to wonder what is the state of our world. She has already done work with Röyksopp and M83 (two of the best bands in the business). There have been rumors that while playing in Norway other "Norwegian artists would start crying when hearing her—both because she is several leagues above them, but also because her music is so moving and beautiful." One of her influences is Radiohead, which I find noticeable and impressive in that she can replicate the band into her style, as it is also gratifying to hear a feminine match to Thom Yorke... that isn't to say she is a copycat for she definitely offers and delivers something new to the table, and is perhaps a great deal more positive in lyrical meaning than her influence.

Her voice is truly angelic in its full capability of expression. She commands and allows it to be free in some of the most chilling and unforgettable ways.
-- Andrea Lawrence
spinditty.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back