Sound drops on Sony MDR 1000x
Jul 21, 2017 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Kowze

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I bought a pair of these x1000 headphones for use with my Xperia z5. I've never had bluetooth headphones before so I have nothing to compare them with really. The sound/noise cancelling etc is fantastic but I'm getting split second drops in the sound quite regularly - it varies between a couple every minute to up to 15 minutes without any. I can't find anything that could be causing it. The phone is up to date, running the latest firmware on Android 7.1.1. I've tried with stamina mode on and off, with airplane mode on, with internet and wifi off. It happens with Spotify and with the built in sound apps. As I don't know anything about bluetooth I was wondering if this type of defect is typical to bluetooth headphones or if it is a clear sign of a defect, either in the phone or the headphones. I'm on the verge of sending them back but I'm not sure whether to ask for a refund (if the phone is the problem) or a replacement (if it's the headphones). Any information would be very helpful. Thanks!

Jul 21, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #2 of 2
I just right now had the chance to try the headphones with a Samsung 6, and after about 7 or 8 minutes I got split second cut in the sound. The phone was in my pocket. So I guess that makes it fairly clear it's the headphones that are at fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back