Sony SR-64HXA LOW-ELECTRONIC-NOISE MicroSD card for HQ Audio Players
Jun 2, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #31 of 40
Thanks for the impression.

Might be worth it if/when price drops.

People doubt usb cable quality now this. Neither make huge differences but if the Sony card improves sound, that's what this stuff is all about.

I'm also interested to know if (when used with a portable player) whether or not the Sony card would sound better than using internal memory. Internal memory should have less noise than any card.

Jul 17, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #33 of 40
If you run google translate on the reviews of the product

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00TXWKC7W

you can have a lot of fun 
biggrin.gif
reading the sarcastic (high ratings) comments, poking fun at the gullible - relating to this widely slated product.

Some of the comments are:

1. Bought microsd card and pointed it at grandma and now she has ability to speak english
  1. Cures dementia
  2. Put it in 4 inch screen smart phone and converts phone to 12 inch screen

Jun 1, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #35 of 40
I'm using the Premium sound-Micro card right now
People who claimed it's just a marketing trick and bashed it may reconsider.

DAP used to test sounaware Pro1, comparison is 64 Gb Sandisk

Noticeable is somewhat cleaner sound and a slightly darker background.. 

I think the card is what Sony claimed, a better sound.. although not a huge improvement.
But I think the decision to price the card at 150 dollar, made the barrier high to purchase.

I think Sony shouldn't have gone with the high introductory price. Maybe 75 dollar would be more reasonable.

For me.. I like the improvements but I think it's to expensive.

Jun 2, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #36 of 40
I'm sorry, but unless you can show me that there are significantly fewer data transfer errors when using this Sony card vs. any standard card, I'm going to have to say that those who can hear a difference are delusional...with all due respect.

Jun 22, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #37 of 40
Regular SD cards do not under normal operation produce errors, otherwise the files you put in there would be corrupted and unreadable by the player. Hence this card is totally useless and all you are hearing is placebo. This it not an audio discussion but a computing one.

Jun 22, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #38 of 40
Wow, an thread update email from Head-Fi! I thought these went the way of the dinosaur since the interface update!

Anyway, my thoughts are:
1) There is no way that Sony's SD card sounds any better than anyone elses - barring any malfunction of course.
2) There is little that Sony has done that can truly be named High Fidelity, and I'm sure that extends to their storage media.
3) Overpriced snake oil.

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #39 of 40
I Jump here and try to "revive" thread.

Lateral thinking: are SD card specs affecting SQ in general?

So far Sony SD did not seems to have catched up, considering in any case It is a niece product.

But I wonder what are minimum requirements to look for in general when buying an SD.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:54 AM Post #40 of 40
I Jump here and try to "revive" thread.

Lateral thinking: are SD card specs affecting SQ in general?

So far Sony SD did not seems to have catched up, considering in any case It is a niece product.

But I wonder what are minimum requirements to look for in general when buying an SD.

I wanted to buy this card but seems to have been phased out // SAD // NOS stocks now cost 400$. Thank you circlejerkers.

Pretty much avoid memory cards that are meant mainly for energy efficiency and speed at the same time. They may throttle up and down erratically.
Sandisk seems to have pretty high read noise. It seems to be enough to pollute the console in an audible way.

https://forums.terraonion.com/viewtopic.php?t=1217

This is for a different application, and different type of random read but. I still think the failure scenario for both will have intersections. I just ordered the kingston 16gb.
https://robertsonics.com/microsd-cards-for-audio/

P.S : I'm an electrical engineer and I can hear the difference between supra usb cable and stock cables and even point out where the difference is. I'm making measurements of the same and will get back with results. People don't have a clue about audio transfer protocols and the fact that usb async audio doesn't have error correction.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back