Sony MDR-10RC ( Hi Res Audio ) Just arrived !!!
Jan 16, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #31 of 55
Compared with my Audio Technica ATH-Pro500MK2 (38ohms), the MDR-10RC (40ohms) sounds quieter at the same volume (smartphone as source). But when coupled with a portable amplifier (Fiio E11), the MDR-10RC has very tight and defined bass, clear mids and highs. I guess its "anemic" performance with my smartphone is caused by being under-driven. The clamping force is softer (and more comfortable) compared to the Pro500MK2 (DJ headphones). I was surprised that the MDR-10RC sounded quite well with classical music, thinking that these headphones are meant for bass-heavy music.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #32 of 55
Hi! I own a pair of Denon Ah-D1001 for home purpose, and a pair of Creative WP-450 for outdoor purpose, but i'm really tired of the sound of the Creative, they sound too muddy with the bass and mid bass. I really love my Denon, but they don't block any noise, so an outdoor use would destroy their beautif crispy sound. I was considering both the Sony MDR10RC and the Denon AHD321. I tried in a shop few times the sony, which the first time impressed me for the clarity, but the last time I tried them on, few days ago, I found the bass too present. Maybe that day I was too sensible to bass, but shat can you say about the bass or the Sony? Does it ever get too punchy? I would use them both with a DAC and an iPod Classic, almost all my music library is lossless, some of it is 24bit/96kHz, so the sound quality of the source is always the best, but i will mainly use them outside sith my iPod... Thanks :)

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #33 of 55
Hi,

I've just bought yesterday one of this headphones at Bestbuy, I listed it at Bestbuy and Sony Store and yes, is an amazing soundstage that you can listen from it and great bass.

But I listen mine, and I can detect soundstage from them :frowning2:, How many hour I have to burn-it? to listen the same quality sound like the sotres.

Many Thanks to all!

May 21, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #34 of 55
Tried them with Hifiman 601 LE. Seems very good. 1R has some strange loud noise via 601LE, but they are more comfortable. I had had a very light seal on my head, but want to try them again and buy them.
Like them more than Sennheiser 25 and Monster Vektr, all Beats:)
Not a fan of on-ear/over-ear type of phones, but decided to change myself, and to be honest 10RC has some beautiful sound:)

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #36 of 55
I love mine as well, have been using them all day the last couple of days. I have the 1A as well and the 10RC's bass is more controlled

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #37 of 55
A quick heads up for UK Forum members. Argos are currently selling the MDR-10RC for £39.99.

I'm collecting a pair today. No idea what to expect, but my son has claimed my Momentum on-ears, so I need a replacement. We'll see...

Oct 4, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #38 of 55
There are many headphones better than the MOE including this one, IMO. It's definitely better value for money at £40.

Also, it seems to me that the 10RC has a different sound compared to the 1R & 1A given the complaints they've received.

Oct 6, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #40 of 55
Thanks - that sounds promising.

...and they sound very good for £40. Picked them up yesterday. Bought them thinking I'd do well if they are comparable to the Momentums. Well, I agree that they are. Perhaps not as rich and 'dark' as the MOEs, but certainly in the same ball park overall.

Not much coverage of these here on head-fi though, which is curious as they are good (and cheap).

Oct 7, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #41 of 55
These have flown so far under the radar, i got these a few weeks ago and can say without doubt that they are better than the MDR-1R and 1A.

What is the soundstage like compared to the mdr1a?  Is the treble just right and what is the sub bass like?

Thanks,
Dave

Dec 7, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #42 of 55
These are £39 on Amazon.co.uk now. They seemed a bargain at £50.

Ordered a pair couldn't resist. Just had to have a pair of 'HiRes' Sonys to go with my 'HiRes' phone ! 

Dec 20, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #43 of 55
Darn I missed it! I've been waiting for these a long time but last I checked if was maybe £100, which was way above my price range. I hope they come back in stock and not jacked up in price. Can someone ping me if they come back? 

I wished they offered these in the US, I don't understand why we got the big noise cancelling ones instead (MDR-10NRC). I really want the ability to fold.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #45 of 55
They're pretty good for £39.99 but not worth much more than that IMO

They are comfortable & have a pleasant but lifeless sound lacking in treble for my liking. The main problem thorough is lack of sensitivity with the volume on my Sony phone and my IPod needing to be maxed out at times. They also don't isolate well and leak sound if that matters.

Selling mine as they serve no purpose for me.

(The Griffin Woodtones that I just picked up (again) are a much better take on a laid back sound, are far easier to drive and even more comfortable. They are however larger over ear and can be fragile. The look might not appeal to everyone either!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back